cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g ICS Android 4.0.4 Wifi Issue

Go to solution
Journeyman

Nexus S 4g ICS Android 4.0.4 Wifi Issue

So i downloaded the ICS update for my Nexus S 4g and ever since i updated it my wifi connection keeps dropping and i know i have a good signal. Is there a fix for this? Should i take this to a Sprint store? I'm very annoyed with the phone at the moment especially since we waited so long for this update and it's not working properly.

25 REPLIES 25
Journeyman

Re: Nexus S 4g ICS Android 4.0.4 Wifi Issue

I have this same issue. I just installed the new update and now my wireless can't maintain a connection with my own router that I'm sitting next to!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does it connect and drop at least 5 times? That's the issue that i'm having.

Journeyman

Yeah then it just gives up.

Journeyman

Yeah that's the same issue i'm having. Lets hope we get a response from Sprint SOON.

Journeyman

I've had issues with wifi before this update and the one before that so I wonder if it's better to hold of on this update since its suppossed to "fix" wifi and other reception issues.  I've emailed and phoned back and forth with [...] to try and find a solution.  They are very responsive.  I just got the update notic and thought to check out if there are any issues and found this post.  Galaxy Nexus seems to be having some issues with 4.0.4 as well.

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

I wouldn't upgrade for now. If i knew i would lose the ability to connect to my wifi i wouldn't have updated it. Not only do i have poor service my phone is pretty much useless in my own home.

Journeyman

I'm going to hold off for now.  Hopefully yours gets up and running very soon!

Journeyman

Did you try the WiFi from any other wifi source? like a public Library, or something else, could be a compatibility issue with your WiFi router? My Nexus S 4g has not had a Wi Fi issue any place I've tried it.

Journeyman

If you did the OTA upgrade, you could actually be having some corruption because the OTA update did not wipe the device and install everything clean, it did an in place upgrade. It is possible some program you have on the phone could be causing a compatibility issue or something else. Since ICS includes Google Backup and all your apps will be backed up, you can do a complete wipe of the phone, let it re-set itself up then reconnect your WiFi and see if you can connect before you restore your phone.

Journeyman

I downloaded the OTA USING MY WIFI CONNECTION when it was working. I did a factory reset. My phone was never rooted so i know i wouldn't have any issues with it. After the reset i couldn't connect to my wifi. I'm writing this reply on my laptop that is connected to the wifi that my NEXUS won't connect to. My router is perfectly fine.

Journeyman

I lost my 3G, now only running on 1x.  Sprint CS can't help me do you beleive that.  I have to go to a sprint store, maybe they can screw up my phone even more

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat