cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g ICS Android 4.0.4 Wifi Issue

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: Nexus S 4g ICS Android 4.0.4 Wifi Issue

Im trying for the store you should too Good Luck we are going to need it.  However....i must say the update has some nice new features, i just wish they didn't screw with some of the other apps.  Now my contact calls all come in saying calling from their email address trying very desperatley to learn.  Everyone else hang on don't be too quick to update unless you really know your nexus S 4g phone.  But i was told it will eventually force itself to update.  Crazy Sh&& right

Journeyman

I've been seeing that 1x a lot myself. I'll be at a sprint store soon. I'm not going to wait weeks for a fix. This is a software issue with ics. If i don't see an answer from sprint soon i will leave to verizon and get the Iphone 4s. I'm tired of this android bs.

Journeyman

wouldn't mind jumping myself but wasn't too long ago i just signed up for the 2 year screw. why i don't know.  been with sprint since the early 90's.  but this is crazy for sure.  My husband and i have the same phone I finally got him to get into the network smartphone ages with me and im making sure he does not update until i figure all this out.  im hitting the store on saturday, make my 60 mile trip because its the closest one for me.

Good luck with your issue im sure i will see you again on here.  I'll let you know how i made out.

Journeyman

I'm looking foreword to your update!  I keep getting the notification about every 15 minutes...

Journeyman

I have problems with my 3G too. Only solution I have is to go on/off airplane mode every few mins. This is simply unacceptable, especially when streaming music. I am beginning to think this might be a conspiracy for Sprint to throttle our data usage

Journeyman

No problems here with wifi or 3G. My update installed while in 3G and really ate some battery. Might want to check the data monitor feature to insure it is not throttling your data in 3G. My monitor was default on and started sending notifications about usage. Shut that feature off and made sure throttle was off.

Been on 3G and wifi back and forth since this afternoon no problems. Biggest issue was it wiped all my calendar events which was lame.

Journeyman

I don't use that much data for them to be throttling me. It's already slow enough to begin with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well here's an update. I started a chat session with Sprint last night and they were not able to correct the issue. Sooooooo I'll be going to the Sprint store and i'm hoping they can fix it. I'll let you know what they do if they can get it working. I'll try to make a little YouTube video of this issue.

Journeyman

I've taken this thing further by completely wiping everything. Reverting back to the stock rom "amazingly" all connectivity problems are gone. Allowed it to install the OTA update, and even chose not to restore my personal settings, thus eliminating ANYTHING else it could be other than the phone just doesn't like 4.04, or Sprint's version of 4.04, and it started failing same as before. I say the Sprint version only because I have checked around, there are no other reports of this issue that I've found to include the Android developer forums.

Journeyman

Looks like i may have found the answer to my problem. I decided to restart my wireless router and BAM it connected without any issues. I also performed a factory reset just to confirm this and the wifi connected and is working properly I solved my own issue lol.

Journeyman

I don't beleive it....after all of that...

Yeah your fix worked for me too. WTH?

Journeyman

Yeah lol i couldn't believe it either. Glad i could help. Now i just have to reinstall all my apps and enjoy ICS.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat