cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

Journeyman

Re: Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

LIke I said - I think it's because Sprint is hoping to sell more Galaxy Nexus units by supressing the ICS update for the NS4G.  Sucks for NS4G users like us.

Journeyman

Mapesy - I know you're reading this because you keep censoring my posts.  So I have a question for YOU - as a person, not a hired Sprint Robot, but someone who buys stuff with their hard-earned money, goes home to their family at night etc.

Would you be upset if you were sold a product that was advertised to come with special benefits, and found out later that those benefits weren't true?  As a customer, at the very least you would appreciate some communication, explanation, or transparancy as to why your product is not being delievered as promised, and if possible also a timeline to describe when the product would be delieved as promised.

SO

Can you at least write a reply and give us some info?  Put yourself in our shoes.

Journeyman

Boosting GN sales by suppressing the ICS update makes no sense. If we really wanted a GN we would have gone to Verizon already like most ppl have already done.

Journeyman

Well, maybe.  But Sprint also has the upper hand because their unlimited data plans are cheaper than Verizon.  That alone makes me stay with Sprint (with a GN) instead of joining my wife's Verizon account.

Journeyman

(BUMP)

Mapesy - I know you're reading this because you keep censoring my posts.  So I have a question for YOU - as a person, not a hired Sprint Robot, but someone who buys stuff with their hard-earned money, goes home to their family at night etc.

Would you be upset if you were sold a product that was advertised to come with special benefits, and found out later that those benefits weren't true?  As a customer, at the very least you would appreciate some communication, explanation, or transparancy as to why your product is not being delievered as promised, and if possible also a timeline to describe when the product would be delieved as promised.

SO

Can you at least write a reply and give us some info?  Put yourself in our shoes.

Master

lkn4trouble

This is a family-friendly site, please refrain from using words such as I removed from your post. Here are the Community Guidelines. Please review them.  Here are a couple of items in particular.

Comply with all moderator instructions.

Designated Sprint moderators  and administrators may provide guidance or instruction.  We trust the admins and  moderators to keep the place tidy and you’re expected  to work with them when asked."

Do not post inappropriate content.
Sprint reserves the right to  remove any content deemed inappropriate. To give you an idea  of what that means, prohibited content includes:

• Content that is obscene or uses obscene, profane, or sexually explicit language.
  • Content that is violent, racist, incendiary, abusive, threatening, or slanderous against anyone or any group.
  • Content that violates any local, state or federal law.
  • Content relating to current, future, or proposed lawsuits for Sprint.  This is not the forum for legal issues with Sprint, and we are not allowed to discuss ongoing litigation.  Do not solicit class action clients.
  • Content intended to exploit, solicit, or harm minors.
  • Content containing your own or anyone else's personal information including, but not limited to passwords, credit card numbers, contact information, or other personally identifying information.
  • Content that includes “Trojan horses", worms, spyware, files, executables, or external links to sites that force the download of any virus, program, spyware or other content or code that could interfere with the functionality of the site or damage or destroy data or functionality of any computer hardware or software.
  • Member violations or deleted posts or warning   letters, or discussion of unsanctioned or no longer registered users.
  • New threads for topics that already exist.
  • Content that advertises products or services.
  • Content that is posted in more than one forum .
  • Content that is overly negative, hostile or does not add to the conversation.

mapesy

Journeyman

You know Mapesy - if you just give us some information as I've  asked twice, a lot of us would be less angry and you wouldn't need to keep censoring our posts.  Just a thought...

Journeyman

I'm not going to say Sprint has good customer service because the plain fact is they don't even have good or decent customer service. I'm not going to say that Sprint should give us the update when the fact is that it's still listed on there web site as a selling point for the phone. What I am going to say is that it's absolutely comical to see all these posts about switching providers or switching to Apple. With Apple you will get treated no better actually worse. With another provider (I came from Verizon) you WILL get better customer service I can attest to that, but only if your willing to pay more for less. The only thing Sprint has going for it, is it's unlimited data plan and without it Sprint is dead in the water.

I'm not even saying I don't understand the outrage, as an NS4G owner I do understand it and am even a bit frustrated about it myself. However do you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to wait it out and eventually I'll get my phone updated or not either way life goes on. However what you need to understand is there's nothing you can say or do on this website that is going to get you what you want. Furthermore I wish that my biggest problem that I had right now was that I was waiting to get ICS, the fact is 'and I don't know about the rest of you' this doesn't even really factor in as a problem in the train wreck known as my life. If this is the biggest problem you guys have please know how blessed you are.

My favorite part of all this is that I get to see Sprint/Google deal with the society they've created. A society of "I want it now" all of you instant gratification seekers make life FUN!! I really do enjoy reading all your comments you people are truely GREAT!

As for Mapes I get it man you got a job to do and this is a family friendly site, so no worries brotha.

Well I said my peice on it so keep it real people, peace!

Journeyman

Mapsey:

Content that is overly negative, hostile or does not add to the conversation.

Isn't that kind of subjective?  I mean, if you, as a Sprint employee, finds a conversation about your company to be "uncomfortable" because people are being "negative" about a product or service, you just erase it away so that other people can't see that they aren't the only one with a beef?

We are upset.  A GROWING number of us are upset.  We cannot shake the feeling that Sprint has lied to us and are actively ignoring us, no matter now many Sprint sychophants get involved here.

It isn't just here, Mapsey.  There are a lot of other forums out there full of people who are upset first with Google and now with Sprint.  Some of the publications out there are now treating Sprint customers with their Nexus S 4G as a punchline.

You work for Sprint.  I am roped into paying on a $3600 contract for a phone that has NOT lived up to its selling points, and actually doesn't work in Gingerbread.

I've taken my phone in several times.  The last time my advice from Sprint was to "wait for ICS to fix the problems".  So you wonder why we are negative here.

Journeyman

I just called Sprint's technical support about this, and they told me that ICS is available and that I should have already got the update. They said it must be some sort of glitch that I don't have ICS and that I need to visit a Sprint store to see if they can figure out what the problem is. I realize that the representative was probably just trying to get rid of me by telling me to go to the Sprint store. I will go to the store, and I'm fairly certain that they will just give me another excuse. If I exhaust my options with Sprint for not getting this OS update, I will cancel my contract based on Sprint's false advertising.

For all the people reading this thread that don't understand why people are upset about this, I owned a Nexus One with another carrier. I recieved updates very promptly after Google released the updates. I bought the Nexus S because I am an Android enthusiast who cares about the OS my phone is running. I bought the Nexus S from Sprint based on their selling point that I would get "OS updates as soon as humanly possible." Sprint has dropped the ball here and I am very serious about cancelling my Sprint contract.

Highlighted
Wizard

mrinterweb,

I apologize that you were instructed to go into the store, that information you received is incorrect. When the ICS rollout begins it will be posted on the official software update blog posted here.

http://community.sprint.com/baw/community/buzzaboutwireless/phones-and-devices/samsung/nexus_s_/blog...

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Journeyman

@Shane_M. Thank you for the information. This is the most definitive information I have seen regarding the status of the software updates to the Nexus S 4G. Is there an ETA for the ICS rollout? The last software update the Nexus S 4G recieved on Sprint was 9/9/2011, over half a year ago. That contradicts Sprint's marketing claim that owners of the Nexus S 4G will recieve Android "OS updates as soon as humanly possible." If an ETA for the ICS rollout can not be provided, I will cancel my contract based on Sprint's false advertising.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat