Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

Journeyman

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

My husband and I both got the Nexus S last summer.

The deciding factor for me was the Sprint employee who assured me that as a pure Google phone, it would be the first phone to receive the new version of Android when it came out.

We are both extremely disappointed with how this update has been handled. Sprint and Google have both been silent. I won't be buying another Google phone.

Sprint, this isn't fair. You owe us answers.

123 REPLIES 123
Journeyman

Well said! 

There is also the option of contacting Dan@Sprint.com rather than calling customer service and waiting...and waiting.  A rep from Dan@Sprint.com will contact you and you can vent while waiting for ICS.  [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

Here's a good video blog from Android Central that explains and talks a lot about the update: http://goo.gl/CPd2X

Go to the 15 minute mark if you just want to hear about the Nexus S 4G on Sprint.

Journeyman

@YESNOW8 if you don't care about the subject matter of this forum thread, why do you troll it? Obviously, if you are so concerned with disease and hunger you should be taking care of that than wasting your time trolling this forum.

Journeyman

Tired of waiting with no info just canceled 2 phones and my hotspot.

Journeyman

@Jesterdte648 were you able to cancel your contract without penalty, or did you have to pay an early contract termination fee?

Journeyman

Gladly paid the penalties they are no longer expanding wimax coverage to the 4g service is not coming to my area anytime soon either. Still have 2 phones but I may just cancel those and move to a GSM android or perhaps even IPhone.

Journeyman

Thanks for the link!  There is some good info.

Journeyman

i'm tired of hering people boo hooing over this update windows made vista and put it out before it was ready and it's the worst os yet by microsoft same thing with ICS if released to early it will have bugs and force closes just wait dont cancle you contract over something stupid quit B*t*hing about it when it is ready it will come

Journeyman

Journeyman

torc, do you know why we're [...]?  We're Android developers!  We pay sprint a lot of money so we can use these phones to develop apps to sell (how we make our money).  Sprint never mentioned "Oh CDMA phones are going to be the last to get updates, just FYI.." or else I would have bought a Tmobile phone.  And BTW, it is ready, just the CDMA drivers are causing problems, and since only Sprint Verizon (in the whole world) run CDMA, google prioritizes to its main customer base.  But I didn't know any of this when I signed a two year contract.  Thats why I'm [...].

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

i understand that but lets go cancel my contract because they are having issue's driver don't work right well the push the OTA update and people wont have access to what's need they are making it perfect so people don't complain

Journeyman

Android Ice Cream Sandwich coming to Motorola Droid Razr and Razr Maxx, April 4

http://www.cnet.com/8301-17918_1-57407409-85/android-ice-cream-sandwich-coming-to-motorola-droid-raz...

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat