cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

My husband and I both got the Nexus S last summer.

The deciding factor for me was the Sprint employee who assured me that as a pure Google phone, it would be the first phone to receive the new version of Android when it came out.

We are both extremely disappointed with how this update has been handled. Sprint and Google have both been silent. I won't be buying another Google phone.

Sprint, this isn't fair. You owe us answers.

123 REPLIES 123
Highlighted
Journeyman

Its the same CDMA driver that all of the ROM's use.  I guess this just shows that a bunch of hobbiests are much better at managing cell phone's software than Sprint...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Geesh, it sure takes awhile to test Carrier IQ with ICS.  Have to assume thats the Sprint testing that's needed in order to deliver ICS to a pure Google phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are the official binaries everyone has been waiting for. http://code.google.com/android/nexus/drivers.html#crespo4giml74k. Now when these will actually be pushed over the air by Sprint, I have no idea.

If you have the skills and fortitude to do the update yourself, looks like you can. If someone is sucessfull with updating using the 4.0.4 driver, please post back to this forum with some hints on how to do it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat