Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

Journeyman

Nexus S 4g and ICS-where is it?

My husband and I both got the Nexus S last summer.

The deciding factor for me was the Sprint employee who assured me that as a pure Google phone, it would be the first phone to receive the new version of Android when it came out.

We are both extremely disappointed with how this update has been handled. Sprint and Google have both been silent. I won't be buying another Google phone.

Sprint, this isn't fair. You owe us answers.

123 REPLIES 123
Journeyman

Well, seeing that it's a discussion forum regarding the ICS update and the Nexus S 4G, what else can be said? Thanks for all your helpful information and suggestions. If you don't like reading the same thing over and over, don't read this thread.

Journeyman

Sprint is probably holding back the ICS update for the Nexus S 4G until after they've started selling the Galaxy Nexus.  If they were to update the NS4G to ICS before the GN is released, it might hinder the GN sales.  This way, if you want ICS on Spint, you'll need to buy the GN.  Smart + evil business strategy if you ask me!

Journeyman

That doesn't say much about Sprint's products.  "How about we wait  to update our old phone, because we have a new 2012 model coming soon."  What does that say about the Galaxy Nexus? Let's face it the Nexus S 4g is not a priority to Sprint.  Remember, we pay Sprint they do not pay you.  [...]

Message was edited by: mapesy

Journeyman

I'm not sure if you misinterpreted my post, which wasn't meant to defend Sprint.  I agree with you - the NS4G isn't a priority for Sprint, and that's becase they want to make as much money as possible.  Their business viewpoint is probably "[...]the NS4G owners because we have a new phone that we can sell with ICS, which might might make some impatient suckers just buy it since ICS isn't available for their NS4G (if we don't release ICS right away)."   For them (not customers) it probably makes sense to acheive their (not our) goals.

Journeyman

@Q1996 I'm just frustrated.  You make valid points.  Come on Sprint!

Journeyman

@OOHHNOO - that makes two of us, believe me! 

Journeyman

I would like to express my dissastisfaction with Sprint and not updating the Nexus S 4G. I just saw this on Sprint's website selling the Nexus S 4G:

"Who will love it: Android-powered players who want the latest Google Apps™ and OS updates as soon as humanly possible."

http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc4690001prd&deviceSKUId=46900020&flo...

OS updates as soon as humanly possible! Really Sprint? Well that is a lie or they have incredibly incompetant people working at Sprint in charge of rolling this update out.

Either way, this is false advertising and I might try to leverage this point to get out of my contract with Sprint unless they push an update before I can can cancel my service. Honestly, I liked T-Mobile, and I split from them because I heard AT&T was going to buy them, but now that aquisition is not happening. The Nexus S GSM customers at T-Mobile have had the ICS update since late December. I really don't understand why Sprint is dropping the ball on this. Many of its customers are upset, including myself.

There are quite a few Sprint Nexus S 4G customers who are upset over on Google+ https://plus.google.com/u/0/104629412415657030658/posts/NgGwavbmkQ7

Journeyman

Good luck with getting help from Sprint with anything on this. We tried calling twice. The first time we were on the phone for an hour, talked to multiple people, having to explain the issue over and over again, and then were suddenly "dropped" during a transfer.

We called back, it took us 10 minutes to get transferred back to the department we'd just been to. We were told she needed to research the issue and would call us back in 30 minutes. We never received a call.

It would not surprise me if it's now policy to simply get rid of people like us. I'm infuriated. We can't get help from google (because they simply can't be contacted), and Sprint flat-out refuses to help their PAYING CUSTOMERS.

We're looking for a new provider.

Journeyman

LO and Behold....It's Sprint not giving the OK to Google!!!

pic.png

Journeyman

So much for a "pure google" phone, and "updates coming directly from Google," like we were told when we purchased the phone. Great business practice, Sprint.

Master

Q1996,

Your last post was against the Community Guidelines, therefore I was forced to reject it. Please review the guidelines for proper posting behavior.

mapesy

Journeyman

OK, now that's just funny, you actually have the [...]to mod punch someone that's venting about a company that takes our money and then bold face lies to us. Wow.....I would have to say that even the mods are pretty sad in this instance.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat