cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S Replacement?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus S Replacement?

I spent the last two hours trying to get support from Sprint's support number, but they kept disconnecting me when they put me on hold or transferred me.

Are there any options for replacing these phones?

My problems:

• Slow Wifi in my house and office when every device nearby is fine
  • Slow or no connection with 1x, 3G, and 4G when friends with Sprint, Verizon, AT&T have no problems
  • GPS can't find a signal while every other phone in the car has no problems

My Sprint store offered two other phones as replacements- both had slower CPU's, one had an awful screen, one didn't have assisted GPS.  Samsung offered to replace my phone with another Nexus S, though that I would be without my phone for weeks, while waiting for another phone with no guarantees of it being any better.

Anyone have any suggestions?  Many thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Wizard

Re: Nexus S Replacement?

Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. An in-store replacement is probably your best option. If the store exchanges the device for you, you should have the option to replace it with another Nexus S. That will avoid the wait time associated with having the device replaced through Samsung and it will be free if you have Total Equipment Protection. If you haven't already, you might want to try a factory reset before taking it to the repair center to see if you still have these problems when starting from a clean slate. I hope this helps!

-Donnie

Journeyman

Hey, thanks for the response.  My store didn't offer another Nexus S as a replacement because they didn't think it would be any better.  I wish I had done better research when I got the phone, because apparently these issues are very common.  My phone is up to date on all Sprint and Android updates, and has been completely restored several times in an attempt to fix remedy the issues.

Journeyman

As far as the GPS problem is concerned you should download the app called "GPS Status."  I got my GPS to lockon in 4 seconds (tested it again just now).

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat