cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S™ Software Update - JRO03R (Jelly Bean)

20 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: Nexus S™ Software Update - JRO03R (Jelly Bean)

Hello del_nandina, Sorry for the delayed response, I've been out of office. do you have any idea how the Play Store was removed? if it is not there you should be able to get it back by resetting to factory default, or manually installing play from an APK found on the WWW.

Journeyman

Also having a few problems with the update. My google play/market app is gone!   Not sure how to get it back?!?!

Journeyman

I gave this a shot, I did not work, however I did try wiping the phone and that worked just fine. Thanks for the help!

Wizard

Hello nexusflat, Which software version does your phone have currently? Have you tried to check for updates after clearing Google services framework (from settings > Apps)?

Journeyman

Over a month later now.....still no updates. What happened to Sprint Speed?!?!?! I am pretty horrible at math but I think I am outside the 10-21 day window. Anyone else having issues getting updated?

Wizard

Wow, that is fantastic. I am also been impressed by the progress that Android has made.

Journeyman

International language support:  

Finally support for right to left languages!

I installed the Go Keyboard and the Go support for Arabic.  (If the default keyboard allows adding international language support, I don't know how.)   Now I can (finally) switch between English and Arabic keyboard input.   I also tested it with Google translate and it works beautifully, that is, I can type an Arabic word and it will translate to English and vice versa.   Finally, I also spoke an Arabic word into Google translate and it recognized it and showed me the word written in Arabic and translated into English.  Impressive!

Journeyman

Got my update a week ago.

So far so good. No issues.

Still testing it out.

Seems smoother and faster then ICS.

Journeyman

I got my update over a week ago and can not get into my gallery, or stock camera. I can use the camera with an app like camera360, but not the stock camera. And when I go into the gallery it shows me 4 albums that have a few pics in each, and when it loads all of the albums it closes itself. I hooked the phone up to my computer and was able to get my pics, as well as the ones I took recently with the camera app, but am dying to get into my gallery! any suggestions? I've tried everything, searched all over google and can't find a fix

thanks!

Journeyman

27roadster,

Try checking off and checking on again.

If that fails, there's another place that has auto roate setting: Menu > System settings > Accessibility > Auto-rotate screen

Try checking that and see if it works. Also try to restart your phone and see if that helps, too.