cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S will not download MMS

Journeyman

Nexus S will not download MMS

I used to have no problem receiving MMS. Now, it alwasy says "download" but when I click it I always get the "failed to download" error.

Is anyone else having this problem? Or, does someone have an answer?

Thanks

23 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Nexus S will not download MMS

Hello Ryan, I'm having the same issue, last night I called Sprint, they did the regular PRL and Profile update and nothing. They transfered me to the specialized Nexus S tech support and they reset my phone, which deleted all my apps, pictures and SD Card. This did fix the issue as I sent a MMS (picture) to myself and worked perfectly. The tech sent me a picture and got it with no problem. But now Im back to the same issue, unable to receive MMS.

Although resetting my phone, helped me get better batery life for now. Im still with the problem. Let me know if you find anything that can help us fix this issue.

Journeyman

I have been having the same problem occationally. I refuse to reset my phone, though. To much of a hassle. Sometimes turning off/on my phone helps, sometimes it just comes through later. I know the troubleshooting step is a reset, however I feel like it is probably some wierd network error.

I have experienced the problem with other phones in the past and carriers, so thats why in my own opinion, I think its probably a network error.

Jake

Journeyman

I ended up doing a reset, didn't work though.

Another issue, when I receive incoming calls it always asks me if I want to answer press one. I'm not sure what happened, I've checked my call settings and voicemail is under my carrier, etc.

I want to be able to just answer the phone instead of pressing a number. More often than not it drops the call. Not very useful with bluetooth also.

Journeyman

I have this issue at times. I find turning off the 4G makes it work for some reason,

Journeyman

I always have 4G off, since push notification are delayed while on 4G. But no luck. any other ideas?

Journeyman

I was on the phone yesterday with a Sprint tech and went through various resets etc.. without any luck.

I keep getting either the "download" which does nothing or an encrypted, jumbled message with a bunch of text, symbols etc..

I am supposed to get a call back today to see if we can work it out again, I'll keep you updated.

Journeyman

I keep getting the same thing too. I notice it is happening when my iPhone friends are sending me pictures. All other users pictures come through fine. I would like to how to fix this problem.

Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Tech support since I received a MMS message and was unable to download, just showing the download  option but failing to do so. Before I called, updated regular PRL and Profile update and nothing. Then called tech support  they told me to turn my phone off, turn it back on, they updated PRL Profile on their end and the tech sent me a MMS message and did receive it, replied with an MMS and was sent with no problem.

Asked my brother to send me a MMS, he has an iphone with sprint and got it, sent him an MMS back and worked. Asked my friend on AT&T to send me a MMS too, she has an iphone and got the MMS but  had to press download. Asked my other friend on T-Mobile with an android  to resend the MMS he first sent and got it without pressing download.

I believe its a network problem. cause I was able to send and receive MMS  a couple weeks ago.  Also asked about network upgrades and stated none in my area.

Orange County and Inland Empire Area

Journeyman

I am having the same problem! I spent over an hour working with support tonight, and in the end they said there has been a network issue in my area for 7 days with no expected uptime. Something about the explanation sounded inaccurate to me though. I was trying to understand why I spent 40 minutes working with one person who explained there were no outages in my area, and then someone else told me there was.

In any case, no MMS going through my phone!

Journeyman

Has anyone from Sprint been on here to try to explain this. Both my phone and my wife's phone are experiencing this issue. I've called Sprint, I've reset my phone. 3G, 4G, Wi-fi all on or off. I've updated my profile, restarted my phone and taken out the baterry. It does not matter I cannot send or receive MMS.

Journeyman

No word from Sprint, I have called tech support almost 4 times now and they state no network outages or network issues. I took my phone to the sprint store last week since I had 1 picture stuck  with the "download" button. The rep did PRL update and sent me a text and it work. I dont know but everytime I call/ or complain about this issue,  texts magically are received and sent with no problem. I get home or after a few hours and start having problems again.

Picture messaging was working fine before when I had gingerbread and ICS , I looked online and have found that there is an issue with ICS and mms but havent been able to confirm this or find a solution. So I dont know... I'm thinking of rolling back to gingerbread and see if this infact there is an issue with ICS.

Any thoughts?

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!