cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus S will not download MMS

Journeyman

Re: Nexus S will not download MMS

Upgraded to Jelly Bean on Monday, MMS is working finally. I think there was indeed a bug on ICS.

Journeyman

My friends Nexus s4g has the same issue with not receiving pictures sent to her phone.  Upgraded to Jelly Bean and receives still no pictures or the message with the pics either.  Tried profile and prl updates, battery pulls and factory resets.

Journeyman

I've had this same issue too.  Very frustrating.  I worked with tech support for close to an hour and still no resolution.  Finally I deleted all of my texts and cleared out the cache for messaging and I started being able to send and receive picture mail.  This was the issue I had with ICS.  Now with Jelly bean it is better, but I have received the occasional downloading message and it has never come through.  I'm in LA and in speaking with several Sprint customer and tech service personnel they all say that they are working on the network and towers in LA and it should be done by the end of the year.  They also said that a lot of people have left Sprint because of all the poor reception and bad signal issues.  I'm trying to hang in there too, but it's been tough.  I hope we get LTE here soon and that the network is finally upgraded and fixed so that my signal issues go away!

Journeyman

MMS on the Nexus S 4G works only on 3G connectivity. It`s a feature from Google, as per my knowledge. So make sure your device is not connected to WIFI or 4G, and make sure that you do have 3G connectivity.

Journeyman

Can someone from Sprint verify that this is true. You can't get a MMS on Nexus S with 4G.  And that is is a google problem.  I think that Sprint should own up to this if it is the case.  I won't feel so bad about Sprint if they will just say it is a Google. problem.

Thank you

Journeyman

Hello fellow Nexus S users.  I have been experiencing the same problem as you all with pictures not coming through or downloading.  I tried to follow all the advice that most of you received from the Sprint tech, but of course that failed.  So what I ended up doing was going into my Text message settings and unchecked Auto-retrieve under the Multimeda (MMS) Message line.  I went back to a text message that had a picture in it that was reading  "downloading."  It immediately changed to "Download" as if asking me if I want to download the picture.  I touched the Download button and the picture came through right away.  I then had a friend send me another picture via text and I did the same thing, just touched the Download button and even though it took a few seconds more, that picture downloaded as well.  I hope this works for everybody because it IS very frustrating, especially when you know how much you pay every month.

Journeyman

I'd just like to say that I think this issue is solely with the Nexus S 4G. I recently upgraded and have not experienced the problem once.

Wizard

bummed99 wrote:

Can someone from Sprint verify that this is true. You can't get a MMS on Nexus S with 4G.  And that is is a google problem.  I think that Sprint should own up to this if it is the case.  I won't feel so bad about Sprint if they will just say it is a Google. problem.

Thank you

There is a known issue with Picturemail and the Nexus S.  In some cases, our customers will receive the option to download, but will not receive the picture itself for viewing.  Due to the decommissioning of the PictureMail website, there is no current work around for this issue.  In many cases, deleting the message and asking the user to resend will resolve the issue.

Sincerely,

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

I've been having the same problem with it downloading.  I dont think its a sprint issue, it seems to me that it only happens on android phones.  I knew I should've went with the iphone.

Journeyman

That's your "fix"?!  Delete it and resend?

Do you mind if I tell everyone that I can't receive messages from that "I have Sprint and they can't properly transmit MMS messages, so do you mind sending it again and fingers crossed it will work this time?"

Unbelievable.

BTW @LABONN72 your fix worked for some of my messages, but not all.  Thanks!  It's much better advice than the company I pay to provide me a service.

Wizard

derekjaitken wrote:

That's your "fix"?!  Delete it and resend?

Do you mind if I tell everyone that I can't receive messages from that "I have Sprint and they can't properly transmit MMS messages, so do you mind sending it again and fingers crossed it will work this time?"

Unbelievable.

BTW @LABONN72 your fix worked for some of my messages, but not all.  Thanks!  It's much better advice than the company I pay to provide me a service.

The reason the device is experiencing issues is due to the way that the device sends MMS.  Many of our newer devices do not access the picturemail website in order to download pictures.  If you are eligible for an upgrade, a newer device might be an option for you to avoid frustration of this issue.  I do apologize, however there is no work around at this time.

Fergie_B

Sprint Technical Support
Community Hours: 9am-2pm CST Sunday-Wednesday

Journeyman

Thank you so much for this easy & accurate info!!!  I was reading online posts with changes to settings that don't exist on my device; to download an additional app; multiple steps with long, complicated entries.  This is easy & it worked.  Yeah

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!