cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus one is officially coming to Sprint! Also, Supersonic...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Nexus one is officially coming to Sprint! Also, Supersonic...

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/make-it-four-googles-nexus-one-coming-to-sprint/

Also the Supersonic is supposed to be officially announced next week:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/17/wimax-enabled-htc-supersonic-rumored-to-debut-on-sprint-at-ctia/

I guess I sold my Hero (yesterday) just in time 😉

32 REPLIES 32
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Nexus one is officially coming to Sprint! Also, Supersonic...

Highlighted
Wizard

Izzyks

Is the Sprint N1 going to be a world phone?

What about Supersonic?

Does anyone know when we can see the update page for https://www.google.com/phone/choose?hl=en&gl=US&s7e=

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Izzy. I am wondering about battery life on the N1. Or if they will have extended batteries? It's got a 1400mah battery...smaller than the Hero's battery...

ALSO I am now wondering why someone would choose the N1 over the Supersonic, which will be 4g??

Highlighted
Journeyman

ronnienyc wrote:

Thanks Izzy. I am wondering about battery life on the N1. Or if they will have extended batteries? It's got a 1400mah battery...smaller than the Hero's battery...

ALSO I am now wondering why someone would choose the N1 over the Supersonic, which will be 4g??

Supersonic hasn't been announced, so we have no idea if/when it will be available.

Furthermore, most places don't have any 4G coverage at all and will continue not to have 4G for quite a while.

Also, the Supersonic will be significantly larger and heavier than the N1 - and that large screen will no doubt lead to decreased battery life in addition to the bulk. The "extra" 4G radio probably won't help battery life either. Not to mention that there are update advantages to having "the Google phone" in that it will get new versions of Android very quickly and consistently.

The Supersonic, as the first 4G phone (and a huge one at that) will probably also be more expensive.

I want the Nexus One. I have no interest in the Supersonic.

Highlighted
Journeyman

i am interested in 4G mainly for streaming video. At this point, streamed video is blocky (too compressed due to bandwidth), stop-and-go, even with the Hero - it's just plain ugly IMO.

I would like to be able to watched streamed stuff which actually looks nice 😉

Also, how much larger is the Supersonic than the N1? And how much larger is the screen?

Highlighted
Journeyman

ronnienyc wrote:

First, for me anyway, the N1 is straight from Google. Which theoretically means updates available as soon as Google releases instead of 6 months waiting like we have now with other Android and HTC phones. And like the iPhone, the Nexus one will have a huge eco-system of third party stuff because it is the same form factor on all carriers instead of different on each.

Second, 4G isn't widespread yet, so next year will likely be the time to get a 4G phone. Though I live in a 4G area, and the city I travel to most often is 4G. But I hate the little kick stand built into the phones that I've seen labeled as the Supersonic. It just looks cheap to me. Plus, if it is SenseUI I will probably pass. I'm not that impressed with Sense, my experience has been bad with it so for on the Hero. It looks nice, and some of the features are great, but the performance has made me want to shoot myself at times. That is, unless the 2.1 update with Sense knocks my socks off.

One great thing about Sprint is the yearly new phone upgrade instead of every 2 years. I'll probably get the N1 in Oct. when I'm elligible, and then some 4G phone the following Oct. if I find the N1 lacking...

Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree, to me the supersonic is too big, it's not a phone really, it's a small computer.

Just don't use net access that much to justify the big differences in size, batt life, etc.

One thing hopefully that will help the N1 is amoled screen, suppose to result in imporved batt life.

Good to hear the N1 is coming, pretty sure that will be my next phone. The HTC legend looks great

too, smaller screen. But if Sprint gets it the appearance will probably change, maybe even do away

with the aluminum body. Make the N1 available soon and I'll just buy it, who cares about the others

Highlighted
Wizard

Display for N1 is 3.7 " (94 millimetres)

Display for for SS is 4.3 " (109 millimetres)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks mx. Anyone know the dimensions of the entire Supersonic phone?

Highlighted
Wizard

ronnienyc wrote:

Thanks mx. Anyone know the dimensions of the entire Supersonic phone?

Not yet.

Keep your eye on http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2233&c=htc_a9292_htc_supersonic

or http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Supersonic-phone-p_4382.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, so we don't know if it will be much larger than the N1/iPhone then. The Supersonic does seem to have a much smaller bezel, so it could be nearly the same size...

If it also has a larger battery than the N1 (which has a small battery) then the battery life could be equivalent despite the larger screen...

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat