cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nexus s has echo for listener when I use speaker phone

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I call someone and put my Nexus s Sprint phone on speaker phone, and the listener is not on speakerphone, the listener gets a terrible echo that makes it hard to hear me. I hope they can get a fix for this.

Tags (5)
6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

FORHONOR1 wrote:

When I call someone and put my Nexus s Sprint phone on speaker phone, and the listener is not on speakerphone, the listener gets a terrible echo that makes it hard to hear me. I hope they can get a fix for this.

FORHONOR1,

Sorry to hear about the problems! Does this happen on every call? If so, I would bring the device into a service and repair center to have it looked at by a technician.

--William

Wizard

Do you have a case on the phone? If so, take it off and see if you still have the issue.

Journeyman

My daughter and I both bought new Nexus s phones. We have tested this echo problem extensively.

1. If I call a listener and I am on speaker phone and the listener is not, the listener gets a terrible echo when the listener is talking.

One of our Nexus phones seems to be a little worse than the other. One is terrible and unusable, and the other is just annoying.

2. The echo for the listener (speaking) occurs both when the listener has a nexus s and when they have ANY other phone.

3. When I remove the plastic back of my phone and call someone and lay the phone on the table and use speaker phone, the listener does NOT get an echo when they talk.

4. It looks like the fix needs to be that Samsung design another phone back and let us get a replacement phone back.

Journeyman

I do not have a case on the phone.

The phone that seems to be the worst does have the thin, stick-on plastic screen protector and back protector. The other nexus has no case and no screen protector.

GrandMaster

someone else was having the same issue. try talking to someone the same exact way but remove the battery cover. his thoughts were that the hole for the speaker is possibly to small and causes a echo in there that the other person ends up hearing. its worth a try right? *shrug*

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

http://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/68232?tstart=0

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat