cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone crash/battery issue

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure exactly what the connection is, but at least once or twice a day my phone will crash, and I have to pull the battery to restart it. Upon restarting, my battery will have lost 10-20% of its life, even if I pulled the battery immediately after the crash. When I check the battery usage, the graph shows the battery level suddenly dropping. It doesn't seem likely, or even possible for the battery to exhaust that much power instantaneously, so I wonder if it is being displayed incorrectly, and if so- is the crash a symtpom of the problem or causing the problem with the battery itself. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Wizard

ffirewfire,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your phone. I don't see any known issues or investigations regarding what you're describing. I would probably suggest it could be a cause of the crash, do you have any 3rd party applications installed from the market? If so have you tried deleting them and just running bare software to see if you still experience the issue?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Last night I actually experienced the issue in reverse; after a freeze/battery pull, my remaining battery power jumped up about 10% instantaneously. That's first time I've ever noticed it do that. This leads me to believe that the software/firmware is having trouble reporting the accurate level of power usage.

I have plenty of apps installed, and I suppose it could be one of them that's causing the problem, but even then, I would expect others to be having it as well. I was hoping someone else would know more, but I suppose I will try running the bare software to see if the problem clears up.

Highlighted
Wizard

ffirewfire,

I forgot to mention we do have an update scheduled to be rolling out next week and while it doesn't specifically mention the issue you're describing; if this issue is in fact software related it could eliminate the crashes you're seeing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When is the update suppse to happen?

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Phone crash/battery issue

jcollins2011,

It'll start out on Monday, July 25th an be rolling out in waves over several days.

Here's the link to the official announcement.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat