cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture messages not sending for MONTHS!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Picture messages not sending for MONTHS!

So on my Nexus S 4G, I notice for about a year now when I tried sending pictures they say sending but don't actually send till MONTHS after I send them! However I can recieve them with no issues. I tried connecting to WiFi nothing changes, I tried to connect to the unoffical offical 4G WiMAX at my college campus and still they refuse to send! This was never an issue with my old Pre! I know I have MultiMediaMessaging on my plan still, I have my phone set up to use data while roaming so I don't know what the issue is that makes them send months after I send them! Can someone please fix this or at least tell me how to?

9 REPLIES 9
Sprint Employee

Re: Picture messages not sending for MONTHS!

Which software version do you have, when connected to 4G were you connecting to Sprint, or your University's WiMax network?

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

It was running Android 4.0, the phone says Sprint when I connect to the 4G network, as you can see 717c02dad4d711e193761231381b7339_7.jpg

Journeyman

My friends Nexus S4g has the same problem even after many resets, Jelly Bean, ICS, Gingerbread o/s's.  This has been a problem for us for many months now... Tech support at a Sprint Repair store checked the phone and said there is nothing wrong with the phone.  Downloaded Go SMS...same issue...Once in a great while one picture will come through...

Sprint Employee

The current version of software for this phone JRO03R uses Android 4.1.1, This was running on the phone I used to test MMS which allowed me to send mms in 3G, 4G, and wifi. In your case, it could be related to security/utility software running, You may want to consider removing security/utility software, and make sure background data is enabled.

No longer working Community Response.
Journeyman

Im having the same issues with my nexus 4g.  what can be done?

Journeyman

blandfair,

Thanks for reaching out! Which version of software is running on your Nexus 4G currently? As well, I would like to check the towers in your area to make sure that this is not contributing to what is going on. To get started there, I will just need your nearest cross streets and zip code.

*Ben

Social Care

Journeyman

I just spent half a day on the phone with Sprint over this, and visited a technical support center who agreed it was a known issue that is unfixable.  I'm lucky if 25% of my MMS messages and sent/received pictures work, others just get stuck at "downloading".  All I want to do is upgrade to a device that works, and even with only 2 months left on my contract they just said "sorry, not possible" although they offered me some 3 year old replacement phones for $79 (thanks!).  I'm a loyal 10-year customer, MMS is part of my data plan and I just want what I'm paying for.

Journeyman

I have had the same issue (among MANY others) and am literally counting the days until I can drive over the top of this useless piece of garbage and get a proper phone that actually works.  Imagine that - a phone that doesn't require you to be a programmer to find work-arounds for every (known, but not fixed) bug that rolls out with each new operating system upgrade.  Upgrade, ha!  I have yet to see one that improved anything without major consequences as a trade-off. 

Journeyman

I talked to about 10 people at Sprint, from tech support to sales to the local store (which I visited) to corporate.  Phone techs didn't help, and told me that even though I'm paying for MMS, the Sprint contract says something like "we do not guarantee any service" so they are not obligated to provide me with it.  Another tech was like talking to a wall, and when I said "well I will have to look around at other providers in 2 months" he said "well maybe you should".  Another tech offered credits ($25-50), and another offered some really old refurbished phones if I paid $75 per phone.  Corporate contacted me to work with the local store, and the the local store tech agreed with me that there was no fix.  I was offered several 3 year old refurbished phones as a trade.  Since my contract is up in 2 months I didn't want to deal with a phone change right now (or get a used phone) that I didn't find acceptable anyhow.

I'm not sure what's going on with Sprint, I've been a 10 year customer willing to sign a new 2-year contract for 3 phones (and 3 more in the future) with only 2 months left on my contract, and they aren't budging.  The local store said corporate just sent down a message saying early upgrades are no longer an option (even in the case of broken phones I guess).  It's just not smart business in my opinion, but they ran the numbers and decided this was what was best for their company, so I will run my own numbers in 2 months and compare to other providers.  I hate to do that, but I feel I've not been treated properly.  In the future I'll just buy the "popular" phone because it will hopefully have less issues.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat