cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems receiving texts / phone calls / voicemails

Journeyman

Hi,

So I wasn't quite sure where to post this, so I thought I'd start in the forum specific to my device.

Both my wife and I have the Nexus S and we have problems receiving texts, missing phone calls and not receiving voicemail notifications.

While she gets confirmation that a text to me was successful, I never receive the text. This varies in frequency and happens frequently where I work (and I get decent signal strength).

I frequently take the train so the signal strength can vary, but shouldn't I get the messages one way or another?

I tried speaking with technical support and all they suggested was doing a refresh of services when my device was powered down. This hasn't helped and I honestly do not feel like my concerns are being addressed when I talk to someone on the phone.

Was wondering if anyone had any similar experiences or advice they could share?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

Hi,

Can I have the zipcode where your having these issues at?

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Hi George,

Sure thing. The zip where I've had problems receiving messages is 11375. My wife (who has been sending them) is usually in zip code 11794.

Thanks.

Journeyman

Re: Problems receiving texts / phone calls / voicemails

I have been experiencing similar issues for the last couple days, from at least two different contacts.

One girl claims she sent texts yesterday morning, but I did not recieve them until about 9pm last night.

Another girl claims she sent me texts this moring (to my phone number through AIM's texting capabilities [she did not send it to my AIM name; I don't even have the AIM app installed]), and I have not received them. I met that girl for lunch today, and one of the messages I sent her (to her phone, not her AIM), returned a "This message could not be sent" error.

My phone is integrated with Google Voice. My zip code is 92123 or 92113.

Journeyman

Re: Problems receiving texts / phone calls / voicemails

I have just received the AIM messages she sent to my phone, almost 24 hours later.

What is going on?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat