cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ringback tones/text msg all gone?

Journeyman

Ringback tones/text msg all gone?

I do not understand how a phone sooo close to an iphone in appearance and abilities cannot download ringtones and ringbacks? Is there a solution or is it just this phone type? Also mine randomly dumps all my text messages and not sure why ?.

please help! thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: Ringback tones/text msg all gone?

Nexus S is not compatible with  Ring back Tones  which are offered as part of Sprint Music Plus Service. Make sure that your phone has enough device memory to avoid "randomly dumps all my text messages".

Journeyman

Is it possible to use some busniess ringback tones from my own company: http://www.ect-ringback.com/Products/Corporate_Ring_Back.html? Or is your anwser above for every provider of ringback tones valid?

Master

Ring back tones are configured on the network  with Sprint these are chosen from a selection of ringback tones made available in the Sprint music plus section of  our web sites   The ringback tones are limited to the t ones available there.  The Nexus as a pure Google device does not interact with this system  which is the reason it is not capable.  The web site you provide is a company the offers to small networks and carriers services that they cannot provide for themselves.

I can not speak for other carriers  and what can be done on there networks.   There are different configuration of phone systems  which would allow any device to have a ringback tone as long as the network being called is capable of playing the ringback.  Even if the call is being forwarded to the device. 

Sprint does not have provsions for customer provided ringback tones

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat