I love it too, but I do not get 4G Service in the nations 5th largest city Phoenix. Whats up with that Sprint? Give me my extra twenty dollars I pay per month for two phones!
I'm still getting to know this phone and I'm not sure if I like it yet. More specifically I'm not sure if I like "all-Google, all the time." Here are some issues I'm having.
1) When I retrieve voice messages through Google Voice, it doesn't utilize my bluetooth, even though it is enabled. I have to listen to the messages on the phone itself, and even at full volume, both speaker phone and regular speaker are incredibly low volume.
2) The Google Voice transcription has never been accurate. Not once in 7 days.
3) Texts are in one of two locations - "Messaging" or "Voice." I can send a text message out via "Messaging" and I will get a response via "Voice." Very annoying because the threads don't track w/ one another.
4) "Voice Dial" - completely useless.
5) I can answer a call while driving by using my bluetooth, when the call is answered Google tells me that I have a call and who it's from and if I'd like to accept the call I'd better press "1." What's the point of bluetooth if I have to pick up the phone and mess w/ the screen anyway?
So far I'm very dissatisfied with this phone/platform. But I am willing to stick w/ it and learn as I am sure there are all kinds of tricks I don't know yet. If anyone has answers to my questions, I'd love some feedback. BTW, why doesn't Sprint have a Nexus S tutorial on there website? That would be nice.
1ALXMYR - for your issue #3, open google voice on your phone, open settings, open sync and noifications, under the Notifications section - uncheck the box Text messages and you will stop getting messages in both locations. You can now just use google to text and receive texts. FYI, you can also text from your computer when in your google voice account page. Enjoy your Nexus S, it is a great phone.
All there is (that I know of) for the Nexus S is a Google PDF "Android 2.3.4 User's Guide". You can find it quickest by searching on those keywords I placed within parenthesis. This is the same document you will find on this website under "Shop", "Phones", "Samsung Nexus S", "Support".
i didnt know how to start new post can, i have the same device and i dont like the signal trength the navigator takes long time to work or sometimes i wait for it and it just doesnt work the internet is not fast i asked friends have sprint with different phones dont have this problem any body has the same problem plz let me know