cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Says 'Message not sent' but it actually did send...HELP!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK I'm really hoping for some help here. 3 weeks ago my Nexus S started telling me my texts weren't sending. I thought they weren't going through so I kept trying but still got the same error. Turns out they actually were sending so people were getting the same thing over and over. It didn't happen every single time, but most of them would come back 'message not sent'. And this is when I have a good signal mind you. After a few days I finally decided to bring it in. I bought it from Best Buy and have their insurance so I went there. They sent it out and got me a replacement. I've had that replacement for 2 weeks now and today it just started happening again! Same as before, it's not every time, but most. Now added in, I couldn't call out and couldn't update the profile or prl.  I called Sprint and they did a 'soft reset' on the phone. It had to be activated again but I couldn't get it to activate. About an hour later I tried again and got it to work, but I still had the same text error. I went back to Best Buy and they wanted to see it happen. Of course, while I was there they all said sent. I get home and try to text and BAM, 'message not sent' again. I'm wondering if this is a Sprint problem or a Nexus S problem, but it's got to be something because if both phones are doing the same thing then it wasn't just that phone. I don't want to have to send this one out again and start from scratch, again, if it's not going to fix the problem. Is anyone else out there having this issue?? PLEASE HELP!!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Hello and sorry for the delay in our response.  This problem sounds like a particular location.  Could it be that it's only happening at home or in one primary location?  I also have the Nexus, and periodically, I will have a text not send as well.  However, usually this is a signal issue for a particular location, or I'm travelling and jumping towers at a specific second and my text fails.  I haven't had this be a "regular" issue though. 

Another possibility could be a device called an "Airave."  If you live in an apartment building, or have neighbors that are within 40 feet of you, it's possible that at this location, your signal could be coming from an Airave.  If so, we have a known issue with texts while inside Airave's coverage.  Airave is a mini Sprint tower that provides an almost full signal inside your home.  But there is a texting issue with this device and texts will appear as though they fail, but the recipients actually get the message or get "multiple" messages of the same text. 

Let us know if it's isolated to a particular location,

Tom

Journeyman

I'm not in an apartment. I'm not sure if any neighbors have an Airave but I don't believe it's location related. I'm home most of the time, but it has happened in other places. The  first time I brought it to Best Buy it happened in the store, just not  this past time. It's really driving me insane...I don't know what to do!

Journeyman

I am having this same problem, probably for 3 weeks now. it seems like it happens in multiple locations. I found out it still sends the text when it says it fails, so i stopped resending them, but just found out people are still getting multiple texts. I also have the nexus s 4G and bought it around october of 2011. Id say it probably happens once every ten texts sent, sometimes more often, sometimes i will go hours without the issue.
     I thought I may have downloaded a virus, or maybe an app that was interfering, but after reading your issues i dont think thats it. Hopefully there is a fix to this, or if its the sprint network they get it resolved quickly.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat