cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending Video by SMS

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sending Video by SMS

I have been trying to send video via SMS and I keep getting a foreclose error. Can someone please tell me how to get this to work. Thanks in advance for your help.

Tags (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Sending Video by SMS

SPICYICY33,

Have you verified the file your trying to send is not too large to be sent?

Wizard

Sending Video by SMS

I have duplicated the same issue on a lab device, I am able to send to email, and other app that I have for messaging except for text, this where I am getting the foreclose error also. I have forward this information up to our device queue and I will update you when I receive information.

Journeyman

Sending Video by SMS

Shane_M ,

I took the video on my phone and it was about 2mins.

Journeyman

Sending Video by SMS

jellybean91,

Thanks a bunch. Look foward to your answers.

Wizard

Sending Video by SMS

SPICYICY33,

After testing this out on my own it appears that this is an issue of the resolution of the video being too high, instead of actually giving you that error it will just prompt the force close error. In order to take videos for MMS you can change the resolution on the camera screen, by default it is set to HIGH but if you select that it will pop up a selection window for different settings there's an actual MMS setting, choose that one and then retry it. Let me know if that works.

Wizard

Sending Video by SMS

SPICYICY33 I put my nexus on the smallest resolution and only a 5 second video and i still get the foreclose error. I will check on the issue with our device department to see if we have an etr for resolution.

Journeyman

Sending Video by SMS

Shane_M - I think you gave me a quick fix answer to my question so I can send video. I really would like it to work on the default setting due to I don't know when I'm going to use my video for MMS, or email. I don't think I should have to chagne my setting every time I take a video or have to think about if I want to send it. Thanks so much for all your help and hopefully they will fix this to work on the default setting.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat