cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues with Nexus S

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just to add to the list, I'm also having connectivity issues as repored by others. Dropped calls/horrid wifi/weak signal. Think they may have realeased just a tad early.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same exact issue here.  Funny because 4g is actually full strength at my job according to the map, but I don't get it AT ALL at work.  The irony is it's weak at home via the map and I do get it intermittently.  A coworker is across from me with Evo and she gets 4g with several bars.  WTF?  I'll give it 2 weeks at most and them I'm exchanging the phone.  Left ATT for this, which by the way is a great phone, but the reception sucks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Signal Issues with Nexus S

The color difference introduced in Gingerbread has been detailed by Google many times.

Try disconnecting from Google Chat and see what happens. When you are NOT COMMUNICATING WITH GOOGLE'S SERVERS BUT STILL HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION, your bars will appear gray. When the opposite is in effect, you will have "Green Bars".

Highlighted
Journeyman

How do I disconnect from google chat?

The color difference introduced in Gingerbread has been detailed by Google many times.

Try  disconnecting from Google Chat and see what happens. When you are NOT  COMMUNICATING WITH GOOGLE'S SERVERS BUT STILL HAVE AN INTERNET  CONNECTION, your bars will appear gray. When the opposite is in effect,  you will have "Green Bars".

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Signal Issues with Nexus S

Same problem here. Before I got the Nexus S, my blackberry had full strength at my office. Today, same location, I have 1 bar or zero bars with the Nexus, with 'data roaming' notifications. This is extremely aggrivating. I was having many software issues with my Blackberry, and now this "flagship" device can't hold a signal?

SPRINT - FIX THIS NOW.

Highlighted
Journeyman

add me to the list.  my wifes evo shift has a great signal  mine is terrible

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same is happening to my Nexus S... Jumps from 1 bar to 2 bars and the most was 3 bars for a fews seconds... I hope this is a software issue and not a hardware problem...

Highlighted
Journeyman

just bought a pair of nexus S phones and started new service, left tmobile to come to sprint.  signal is terrible. coverage map is all lollipops and unicorns but once i got my phones I can't even connect 4G even though I should be able to get it at least outside my house, the houses behind mine say in the house on the map and when I walk to their yards I cant even get 4g there either.

I hope Sprint and/or Google updates the modem drivers or whatever they need to do to kick this thing up a notch. Kind of disappointing.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have recently been doing research on the Nexus S and Im glad I have read the boards. Recently, Ohio (Akron)  and many other areas, have had service issues or should I say a lack of service. So, after doing some reading I have noticed that #1- T-Mobile is offering the Nexus S for $99.00 opposed to Sprints $199.00. #2 No one is complaining of signal issues with T-Mobile. There was no one saying, " I put my Nexus next to another phone and one had signal and my Nexus S didnt." Im wondering if this is just a Sprint issue. I have been having service issues with them since March. I have been told this week that engineers are working on the issue and they should be fixed by the end of the month. However, my co-worker called two weeks ago and they told her the issue would be resolved by 05/09/11, I guess that date has been pushed back. Sprint has sent me an airave this week which is great for home. Although I would love to be a hermit, my work requires me to be there 10-14hrs a day. I use to be a die hard Sprint gal but the last three months has had me considering canceling my contract to the point of doing research with other carriers. This is even with the credits Sprint has given me. The goodwill credits are great but still arent allowing me to use the phone. So, I guess all in all (after my ranting) is it Sprint, the device or the combination of the two?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having exactly the same problem as everyone else.  I bought my Nexus S  just a few days ago and the signal issues have been consistent since I picked it up. 

I was not surprised while searching for a solution that there are so many users with the same complaint. (albeit comforting in a odd way)

I have updated PRL and Profile settings. The OS is also up to date.  I reviewed all the settings in the phone several times at home and with a sprint sales rep. and they are

set correctly.........problem not solved.

My old Blackberry 8330 holds a signal better in the same environment.

Sprint......HELLO!!!  (wake up)  Your phones are broken.

Highlighted
Journeyman

.. I live in the Canton Ohio area and my prior phone before the nexus s was the epic and over the past 2 months my signal has been ok at best.. Now that I have upgraded to the Nexus S.. I drop calls all day long. OMG!! Can we please get a fix to this.. .. I am considering taking this Nexus S back and getting  a new Epic again. Please Sprint Fix this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I talked to a Sprint Rep tonight about my open ticket I have with them. He staed on the notes it states " issue will be resolved by May 31."  I received another months credit partially due to them not matching tmobiles price and the service issues. They have until the 31 to fix the issue, if not, since they aren't providing a usable service they have to let me out of my contract that has a year left. My first call to them concerning the issue was March 24. I don't think enough people are complaining. Yes in a pain in the arse to sit on the phone with them but I would imagine at some point they are going to get tired of handing out credits and resolve the issue! To my fellow Sprint (which is no longer sprinting) users...may patience, advancement in your service, and compensation be in your favor lol!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat