Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues with Nexus S

Journeyman

I think some of the lack of patience is that the return period clock is ticking for all of us.  As a practial matter that means that Sprint either has to have the problem fixed by the end of the return period, or extend the return period for these phones.

Highlighted
Journeyman

dshoem01,

I would like to thank you your prompt response to my recent questions and look forward to your companies resolution.  I think we all now know that this has been acknowledged by Sprint and can calm down a little.

If your company would like to use this forum for any data requests from real users (field testers, if you will), please don't hesitate to ask.  Most of us just want this issue fix and will help out by any means, as you can see from the pages of posts where we identified\reported the issue.  This forum could be a very helpful tool to your company when used the right way. You have to trust that this is an issue where a solution can be achieved much faster if we work together especially when time is an issue, as it is in this circumstance.  I agree with RDEVRIES240 and maybe you should propose an extended return policy for Nexus S 4G users.  I, for one, love this phone, but refuse to get stuck with a faulty piece of hardware\software under contract. By extending the return policy, which I know would be no easy task, could save your company from losing a lot of customers.

Once again, thanks for your clarification of where this issue stands.

Highlighted
Wizard

We've received devices from the field that are having this problem so  hopefully the problem will be identified soon.  As for extending the  exchange policy, you're right...that wouldn't be easy.  It's always a  tough decision on whether to exchange a device or wait for a fix...I  wish I could give you the answer! 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thank you dshoem01. I can start to breathe a little bit easier. Now that it has been acknowledged, we just have to wait for a fix.

Took a screenshot of my dilemma to give you some more evidence:

snap20110519_202822.png

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Signal Issues with Nexus S

im glad it is being looked at finally. it is on every major blog and forum out there. i know a ton of users from xda developers have returned their phones. aosp roms always have lower signal strenghts than sense based roms did but i can assure you the low sppeds and no signals at all is a defect plain & simple. is sprint saying this is a hardware malfunction? becuase if it is, they will have to issue a recall and give users other upgrades. the locgical thing to do is extend the 30 day grace period with sprint & best buy and give users the evo3d as a replacement. if this is software related we should all just relax, it will be fixed. it's a development phone and im sure google won't allow this to happen. ive already stated it is probably a 2.3.4 radio issue combined with a network problem on sprints end. if you download the app ont he market called "network" you can clearly see the phone is under wcdma & unknown networks when it should be cdma auto prl. im a dev on xda and i know this is whats causing the issues. what i want to know is a timeframe for a decsion from sprint, google or samsung. if this is a hardware defect this will really hurt sprint where it counts. but i only have 3 weeks left to exchange it and i do not want to go back to a year old evo.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi all, question about the 30 day return window.  When does it start?  I ordered my Nexus S from the Sprint Website last Monday.  It arrived last Thursday.   I was going away for business and after reading this thread, I did not want to be stuck away from home with a phone that did not have any reception, so I took my old Blackberry and did not activate the Nexus. 

Hence my question, when does the 30 days start?  The date I placed the order, the date it arrived, the date I activated, etc?

Appreciate any help you can lend.

P.S.  When I try to push the button to activate the phone, the phone can't even find a strong enough signal to activate.  Awesome.

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello loyalcustomer76, I am sorry to see that you had a signal issue when trying to activate the device. Your 30 days will start at the time of activation.  We have taken note of this reported issue. Please let me know if you have additional.

L`eroy

Sprint PA Nexus S 4G.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anyone is also experiencing short battery life???

Device: Sprint Nexus S 4G Carrier:Sprint Country /Language: English OS / Browser / build number (if applicable): Stock 2.3.4

I'm experiencing short battery life. It does not until 3 pm with moderate use. If I use data it runs out faster. And signal strength is much weak than with my last LG optimus S.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you need more devices, I can exchange mine for an Evo 3D...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here is an interesting article on dBm and asu numbers. Tells me there is a problem that my Nexus always reads 0 for asu. http://www.tested.com/news/how-to-measure-cell-signal-strength-on-android-phones/557/

Highlighted
Journeyman

Your battery life issue is, most likely, directly tied to the signal issue.  To put it in basic terms, if you have a weak signal, your phone will constantly be searching for a better signal which takes more battery life.  We have airaves at work so I have almost perfect signal during work hours.  I can make it 9 hours at work and still have 70-65% when i leave.  I'll kill the rest of that battery in about 5 hours at home, when I have 1-0 bars......and I use my phone way more at work.  When the signal issue is resolved (hopefully sooner rather than later), I would imagine that you will see an increase in your device's battery life.

Highlighted
Journeyman

At least day 11 and counting.....

%^&*()@_++~~```"":::;;;>>><<<???????

Originally posted:

May 9, 2011 12:51 PM

"This question is Not Answered."

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat