cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues with Nexus S

Highlighted
Journeyman

Signal Issues with Nexus S

I purchased the Nexus S yesterday morning and I totally love the device. It is so speedy and fast. Had no really issues with coverage at my house but I got to work this morning and have absolutely NO 3G or service period in my office. Now the reason I know this is not right is I have a co-worker that has an HTC EVO who has FULL bars and 3G available in my cube and his. I put our devices next to each other and everything and he has service and I do not. I was not able to even send a text from my desk today when I got to work.

I really love the phone and there isn't really another Sprint phone that I have a desire to have, but I can't have a phone that doesn't work where I am over 40 hours a week.

Anyone else have any advice or ideas? I tried Update profile and Update PRL in the building here and it didn't help.

I really love this phone, do you know of another device other than the EVO that has a better antenna? The EVO is too big for me.

Thank you for any advice.

913 REPLIES 913
Highlighted
Journeyman

Last night I decided to check my "Time without signal" before heading to bed.  Ended up at 10% for the day, despite being in the center of the "Best" coverage.  Called Sprint and my airave is on the way.

Highlighted
Journeyman

OK, so I figured out how to make a crappy video of my speed with a Nexus S 4g. I live in Seattle WA and have a 4g tower across the street. I do have weak signal in many parts of seattle and experience slow data as a result, and thus short Battery live (about 8 hours). However, I wanted to show this so the many frustrated people out there can have some hope and see that this phone IS capable of these speeds.

10.33 down

.73 up

PRL, 60679

GRj22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WrzkT4O72Js

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm having the same poor signal as everyone else. Constantly less signal then my freinds evo standing side by side. Wifi is also terrible. If i walk more than 5 feet away from my rangemax N router i'm lucky to have 1 bar? I bought this phone and even switched carriers to sprint just get what i thought was a good phone? This is also my buissness phone so if it doesn't get better it will have to go back. It really sucks because i really like the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am experiencing the exact same problems with the Nexsus S! I had the Evo too and was very pleased with it except for the poor battery life. My daughter has the Evo Shift and it works great from our home, while my Nexsus S has little to no bars or coverage!!! The Evo Shift is not as fancy, but it gets the job done...only good thing I can say about the Nexsus after having it for 4 days is that I love the bright screen, other than that I have been hugely disappointed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you happen to know if the Samsung Epic has the same coverage issues as the Nexsus S? I'm having horrible luck with it too and plan on exchanging it for the Evo or the Epic. I'm leaning towards the Epic b/c I still like the slide out keypad and I love the bright Samsung screen. But I don't want to get the Epic and find out it has same problems b/c then I'd be stuck with it for 2 years!!! Thanks.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After 2 days of no calls I figured out that the speed "fix" had disabled all incoming calls and txt, so I reverted back to the stock settings. Ever since then the bars show crappy connections but speed tests are good if not great. I'm a happy camper with how it is now.

Funny thing happened today, I called CS today to request a airave (spotty coverage inside the house with any carrier) and they proceed to tell me I can purchase one for 129.99 plus a 30.00 activation fee!!!  Excuse me but I refuse to pay for a device that will allow me to use the service I'm paying for..  not happening!  So I get passed around to 3 different people, finally a lady comes back with "Sir, you have to be with Spring for 60 days before we can send this device to you for free".   I said Lady, I won't have this phone another 60 minutes if this phone coverage issue isn't resolved (im still in my 30 days).  Finally, after threatening to leave Sprint they decided to send me one with a 36.00 activation fee. I refused again, Im NOT paying for this, I'll go back to ATT.  We finally agree'd on splitting the activation fee and it should be here by the end of the week.

I'm still happy with Sprint after signing up last week but its been a very rocky start lol.   

Highlighted
Journeyman

Went from EVO to Nexus - Same problem - EVO worked great in my house and Nexus was patchy at best. Just took it to Sprint store for service. I wish I read this forum first.  😞

Highlighted
Journeyman

From what I've seen reported on the forums, the Epic does not suffer from the same issues as the NS4G.

Please rate the Nexus on Sprint.  It's critical that people know about the poor experience.

Login---> My Sprint---> My Device and Media ---> Rate

Highlighted
Journeyman

Already added my review and hopefully going to the Sprint store tomorrow to test out if a new device will solve my issue since it seems like a crap shoot on the device being affected by a poor radio.

Highlighted
Journeyman

do you have to pay an extra monthly fee to use the airave?

Highlighted
Journeyman

I didn't but im not sure if thats the norm or not. I specificly asked if there was a monthly charge and she said "It will be waived"

Highlighted
Journeyman

my airave was free and I pay no fees, but all airaves received after may 26th in chicago are not working

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat