cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signal Issues with Nexus S

Journeyman

Re: Signal Issues with Nexus S

Sorry, I read Epic 4G, not Evo 4G...disregard my comment about the HDMI slot;-)

Journeyman

I do in fact have an EVO 4g that I just gave to my teenage son and he's loving over the Blackberry 9330! With the 3500 mha extended battery, he can play Angry Birds all day and night and still have enough charge time left to send some texts and emails before bed. HOwever, since the EVO has been EOL'ed effective by the end of this year, I'd rather have a phone that'll get at least one more update before it goes to the chopping block.

Journeyman

I have the Epic 4G Touch.  It's a MUCH better phone than the Epic 4G.  The battery life is AWESOME!  I don't have an extended life battery, but I'm severely impressed with it's battery life. It comes standard with an 1800mh battery, which, to be honest with you didn't give me much hope since the Epic 4G had a 1500mh battery.  I would recommend that phone to anyone.  1080p HD camcorder, awesome video editing software that comes standard.  Swype for quick texting/emailing.  I'm in love with this phone!

best regards

Journeyman

Re: Signal Issues with Nexus S

This is why I wait in getting new phones right away now. It should not be this way. I had this problem with 2 evo 3d's, and ended up having to go back to the photon 4g which I have had absolutely no problems with. I really wanted to get this Nexus, but from hearing about these signal issues... I guess I won't

Journeyman

Stop giving us the run-around. We paid good money for this upgrade and all you offer is nothing! Stop advertising that you have a solution for the small business if you do not plan on resolving the issue with this problem. Very unhappy small business owner who has been with you for too many years.

Journeyman

So you are saying that sprint sucks!

Journeyman

Sprint does not care about customer service! Sorry piece of company. I may cancel my service after more than 10 years and go to Verizon. I am so mad with their automatic reply to this problem. I have only had Nexus S4G for a month and they tried to sell me on an "Outage" problem in this area. That was a week ago. Today it is suppose to be fixed, then why am I having the same problem. Call with my ticket #, and he is reading prepared responses to my questions and not once did he listen to my problem. Very poor service indeed!

I am giving them 5 days or bye-bye sprint. I am posting this on fb too. I will tell everyone to not use sprint. Poor customer service.

Journeyman

Not all have customer service issus with Sprint. I can read online from Consumer Review reports about the SAME... EXACT SAME problems with complaints from customers about Verizon, AT&T and T-Mobile............! Also... the phone reception issues is not Sprint, but the phone. If it was the towers, then why can I get full signal and 4G with Photon, but with the Evo 3D and Samsung sitting next to it, get an X for my signal? If it was reception, then the Photon would get no signal either.

Journeyman

Just purchased the new Epic 4G Sll..........New Sprint customer, signed up and played with the phone in the store...Perfect. Got home, absolutely no signal. None, nada, zero. Next to the the new phone was my old AT&T BlackBerry...4 bars strong.....Called service and pretty typical stuff. I mean they do not over pay these people,,,,it is what it is. She called my line and it went directly to voice mail because of no signal. I am very disappointed that I did not read the post about signal problems with the Nexus S and I can tell you the problem is not resoved in the ll. I better just sign up for th iPhone. What a major disappointment as I really liked the new S ll. My girlfriend has Sprint and her signal here is great. Has to unfortunately be the PHONE. Save yourself some grief and do not even look at the New S ll. Simply disappointing!!

Journeyman

Back to the nexus s 4G. I still have very slow data speeds and poor reception. Looks like im stuck for another year and a half to since there's no more preferred customer program. Come on sprint do someuthing about this!

Highlighted
Journeyman

The new CyanogenMod 7.1.0 stable release for the Nexus S 4G fixes all of the signal problems caused by Google's stock Android. It's possible to create a full backup of the stock Google Android so you can still get warranty service if you need it. CyanogenMod also fixes the battery charging issue. The battery now charges to 100% instead of 95%. Hopefully Google will fix all of the bugs with Ice Cream Sandwich, but CyanogenMod may be an option to consider until Google officially releases Ice Cream Sandwich.

Journeyman

Forgive me but I'm a total newbie.  I got the Nexus S 4g back in August.  It seemed like it worked okay for the first few weeks and then right before the 30 days were up to return it (of course!) it started dropping calls left and right.  I called Sprint on several occasions and they had me do this and do that and they tried this and tried that and it never helped.  When I said I just wanted to return it I was one day past the 30 days so I couldn't.

I have the monthly insurance on it but they claim (on the phone customer service) that the insurance only covers damage from breakage and being stolen and this is a dropped call issue so they say I can't take it to the store to be fixed. 

In the meantime I reactivated my two year old HTC Hero to use while I figured out what I was going to do.  I've been dealing with a family emergency for the entire month of Sept so I'm just now getting around to trying this again.  I activated the Nexus S 4g on their website and tried to make a call.  It connected and promptly dropped the call within two seconds.  I waited an hour and tried again. This time it held the call for a whopping ten seconds.  Frustrated, I just reactivated my HTC again.

Your comment above (sorry for my long sob story) indicates a possible fix for the dropped calls via CyanogenMod 7.1.0?  Is that something I'd download directly on the phone if I activate it again?

Sorry to dump this on you but I'm at my wit's end and I REALLY don't want to buy another phone after just spending money on this one less than three months ago.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat