cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint: I want a Nexus S

Journeyman

Sprint: I want a Nexus S

Sprint, I love you, and I love my hardware more. Get the Nexus S or we can't be friends.

http://www.google.com/nexus/#!/index

Comment if you want Sprint to offer the Nexus S as well!

17 REPLIES 17
Journeyman

Re: Sprint: I want a Nexus S

i know right i cried today looking at android gingerbread on that phone and knowing its not for sprint i was so mad.....i hate tmobile they get the best phones sprint doesnt have any great phones yeah the evo is just ok.....!!!!!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Agreed. We need the Nexus S!

That or a new 3.7in full touch android phone please

Journeyman

It's just not possible for one carrier to have all the phones it owuld take ot have eveyone happy. It doesn't work that way and I don't think these sorts of post will change that.

I don't mean any disrespect to anyone, but trying to have the latest and greatest device or OS will drive you nuts.  I know because I tried.  By the time you do get the latest and greatest device or OS there will be something else right around the corner.

Devices need to be portable and customization should be up to the consumer --- just like computers.  Till that day...

Just my $.02 and in MHO and YMMV and so on.

Sprint Product Ambassador

Unfortunately, Google chose to make the Nexus S a 'GSM' network phone, and Sprint and Verizon run the CDMA network standard.  Until Google makes a version of the phone that can run on our network, we can't do anything to get it.

Perhaps you can reach out to Google and inquire if they are interested in making a CDMA radio version of the Nexus S?

Thanks,

Will

Product Ambassador, long time Sprint employee
Journeyman

I would absolutely buy a Nexus S if it were made available on Sprint.

Journeyman

I would agree, the nexus s is a nice sleek phone. However, I'm sure Sprint will have a phone in early 2011 that will be comparable or better than the nexus s. The only default is that the nexus s will recieve Android updates sooner than any other device.

Journeyman

I would love to get a Nexus S as well.  I'd love to get it *without* a keyboard.  If there is a plan to do a Nexus S, could Sprint please pre-announce?  It might help control defections.

Journeyman

I know right! i have an evo, but i hate sense!!!!!!! I really want a phone with vanilla android!!!!!! I would buy it full retail price!!!!! And if u could a physical QWERTY like the G2!!!!!!!

Journeyman

I just wish Sprint would get a high end Vanilla Android device WITH OUT a keyboard!!!

Journeyman

If you have an Evo you could just root it and put cyanogenmod on it or AOSP. I have the Hero and it already has Android 2.3 Gingerbread on it.

Journeyman

Maybe I'm not looking hard enough but I haven't found a Evo 4G rom that is 100% Vanilla Android, supports 4G, HDMI...etc..etc...

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat