cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint: I want a Nexus S

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint: I want a Nexus S

Sprint, I love you, and I love my hardware more. Get the Nexus S or we can't be friends.

http://www.google.com/nexus/#!/index

Comment if you want Sprint to offer the Nexus S as well!

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Journeyman

I agree give us better pure Android hardware. You seemed to haves ditched webOS, and we said fine we can try Android, but then you clunk it up with all the Sprint software we dont need or use. Plus this unnecessary modification greatly limits ou ability to get OTA that not only would be nice to have but may also be critical!   Bottom line. better hardware and pure google. Seems simple.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint, I love you and I've converted people to your network... We've been friends for nearly a decade now and you treat me right, but you need to really get on the ball with keeping phones up-to-date.  I have a hero now... and was waiting for the next phone after the Evo to come out.. but the Evo Shift is not going to cut it.  A slower phone? Fewer features?  This is not the phone I was waiting for....  Maybe you are waiting for a dual-core so I can get the Android Honeycomb platform.  Are you?  Who knows, by the time it comes Ice Cream will already be out...  Please please please let me have a nice new phone like the Nexus S.  Thanks!

Highlighted
Journeyman

While I would prefer the Nexus S I would be happy to have any of the 4g droid phones with just plain android OS.  The custom user interfaces that the manufacturers are forcing on everyone do not add anything special to Android and they just slow down, or stop, users from upgrading to newer versions of the android OS.  I know that you can mod these phones, but at best you will lose your warranty or at worst you will turn your phone into a brick. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Nexus S is made by Samsung for Google.  That said wouldn't I would think that a request from Sprint, the third largest cell phone company in America, have more influence over google and Samsung than a few emails from us.  Especially with the recent discovery of apps on the Android Market that contain malware that roots your phone and steals all the data it can from your phone.  If you want you can see the articles about these apps here and here.  The good news is that the security holes in the Android OS have been patched in 2.3, Gingerbread.  The bad news is that the only phones on the market that are running Gingerbread are the Nexus S and Nexus 1.  The easiest solution to this problem is to provide user with handsets that can be easily upgraded without having to wait for the manufacturers to update their custom user interfaces.  

Highlighted
Journeyman

According to an article on Engadget (http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/06/sprint-announcing-nexus-s-4g-evo-3d-and-evo-view-tablet-at-cti/), Sprint may be announcing a Nexus S 4G at CTIA later this month.  That would be cool.  I wish it would be a 4.3" phone instead of 4".  The reviews comment on how the keyboard seems cramped on the 4" screen.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ask and ye shall receive, I suppose.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat