cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange Text Message

Journeyman

Strange Text Message

I have been receiving text messages such as this all day....any help would be great! /B M y���   2��~d 4eA ~ݹycӇb ��iٕ  �ytAO�>�v�ASF�h4�A�v�(0�闟E�       �e    2 

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Re: Strange Text Message

I have also been recieving thees strange texts. They are kind of creepy.

Journeyman

Been getting those for about a week now myself. No number associated and it's coming straight through the messaging app on my phone. Which is odd since I have my number linked through google voice, a text should be coming through GVoice app or at least show up on page when I log in.

Journeyman

Just a little spooky!!

Journeyman

this is code being sent to ur phone to steal ur ID Stuff, GOOD OLD DRIOD PHONES WIDE OPEN. u mite stop it by turning off all push apps.  good luck

Journeyman

Who is sending it and how do you know that's what it is?  And thank you for your help!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Also, are there any apps out there to protect against this type of attack?

Journeyman

OMUW   google and apps are the ones doing this.again ur using a phone thats open to all, here let say it like this if you lived in the hood so to speak and you left ur doors open all day and night plus when ur gone,what would b left to come home too.

Journeyman

cyber crime is on the rise,bank r attack evey day.and alot of people use there phone to buy stuff and do banking.

Journeyman

I apologize for my ignorance in this matter, i am new to this type of phone!

Journeyman

no need to apologize omuw, i understand that most people don,t, im thinking andriod phone will b shut down for this reason soon or later.or they will have,t to lock them down.just b exta careful what u do with theses type of phones!!

Journeyman

This is actually do to the commerical mobile alert system.  The new nationwide alerts that are smart phones are already enable for, even without our knowledge.  I have been getting them too.  Haven't found a way to disable or opt out of it yet.  Lots of sites say its possible but no one says how to do it. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat