cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for future update roll outs

Journeyman

Suggestion for future update roll outs

Instead of randomly deciding who gets the update why not let the mostly highly technical people who are stalking your forums every hour waiting to see when the update will be released get it first?

This way *people who care about a new phone load* are happy, and people who don't care will get it eventually anyway.

Perhaps there could just be a button in the My Sprint that says "send the update to my phone" and people who do this will get it sooner than people who just simply dont care one way or another.

Plus this has the added benefit of taking the obsessed nerds and making them your early testers. (like me!)

Toodles!

6 REPLIES 6
Wizard

Re: Suggestion for future update roll outs

This sounds like a good idea, but Google controls the system and the GOTA (Google Over the Air) servers that deliver the software updates/changes to Android devices.

Click here to see the latest news on our Network Vision updates!

Wizard

That's what XDA is for. I am sure someone will have the ROM there.

Stores are able to push software over-the-wire. Not sure if they have this ROM yet.

Master

GeekOfTexas wrote:

Stores are able to push software over-the-wire. Not sure if they have this ROM yet.

The store systems usually are updated a few weeks after the OTA rollout is complete.

Wizard

I wonder why some of the wireless carriers aren't hiring these brainiacs over at XDA to work on the software updates. They seem more capable then the folks that are doing it right now. Just saying...............................

Journeyman

XDA doesn't get OTAs any faster than anyone else. All they do is make custom ROMs and use leaked builds. They don't have the 4.0.4 OTA for the Nexus S 4G either, just a leak that most likely isn't even signed by Sprint so you wouldn't recieve future OTAs.

Wizard

halcyoncmdr123 wrote:

GeekOfTexas wrote:

The store systems usually are updated a few weeks after the OTA rollout is complete.

Really? That seems odd.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat