cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trick to remove labels from contact icons

Highlighted
Journeyman

Trick to remove labels from contact icons

OK here is the deal.  I wanted to have contact icons on my screen for a handful of folks who I talk with frequently.  Just easier for me.  However I just wanted the picture that I had stored in theri profile as the icon with no text below it (i.e. teir name).  Well I am not sure if there is an easier way to do it but I acchieved the desired result as follows...

1) Go into gmail and in the contacs list change the name for the contacs you want to icon to soft space-hard space.  (That is the space bar followed by alt-255.)

2) On yoru phone refresh the contacts.

3) Create the icon and it should show up with no text beneath (technically it is now showing up with a blank space.)

4) Go back to gmail and restore the name.  It will not force the change onto your icon.

NOTE: You may need to do the soft space-hard space twice for it to accept.

If you simply delete the name or use a just soft space, the icon will use the phone number of the contact rather than leaving it blank.

Woked for me anyway

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!