cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshoot common issues on your Nexus S 4G from Google

Journeyman

I am having problem with data being so slow.  I have heard that there was a problem with the service.

Any one experienced with this problem and how to fix it?

Tags (2)
8 REPLIES 8
Wizard

Hello,

I apologize that you are having this issue with your data being slow. Can you please provide us with more information? Is this 3G or 4G? Can you provide a Zipcode and the nearest major cross streets? Is this happening at one place or all the time? Any information can help us in resolving this issue.

Journeyman

I turned on my 4G but it seems to pick up just 3G.

The location is Freeway 210 and Town Avenue, Claremont, CA

Journeyman

There are a million people making this same complaint here:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/289895#289895

It's in the press:

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/cell-phones/does-your-nexus-s-4g-have-poor-signal-quality-too/5975

How much more info is needed to "resolve" the issue?

Journeyman

Version 2.3.7.

Journeyman

I am also having poor data connection and frequently get a 'connection time out' notice. I am very disappointed as I came over from T-Mobile but am seriously considering going  back. From what I have read Sprint is the 3rd largest wireless carrier and T-Mobile is the 4th so you would think Sprint's data service would be better but it is not. I had the Nexus One on T-Mobile and I had blazing fast speeds. Seriously having buyer's remorse with this Nexus S 4G. Unsure if it is the phone itself or a carrier issue. I've had the phone for 3 days and have never seen all 4 bars light except for when it is connected to WIFI. If it doesn't get any better over the next week, I will be returning.

Journeyman

Kristy,

Honestly, I wouldn't even wait. The issue is the phone. Samsung used really crappy CDMA radios with this device. My 3G connection is always spotty and I live in a really good coverage area. 4G works just fine for me, but the 3G and Wifi radios are just terrible.

Just return the phone before your 2 weeks is up, seriously. Take the phone back today before they lock you in for 23 more months. Try a different phone, like maybe the EVO 3D or the EVO Design 4G. Steer clear of any and all Samsung phones. I had the EVO 4G for about 1 year and LOVED it, sold it to get the Nexus S 4G because I wanted updates and the original EVO is no longer supported by Sprint.

Again, don't waste any more time, go and return the phone today.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah...I believe I will go to Sprint and exchange it tomorrow. I'd hate to be stuck with this problem for the next two years. Thanks!

Journeyman

I just got the nexus and I can't use the hotspot for my ipad2' I'm gonna chat with sprint 2mar if they can't resolve this issue this will be returned ASAP!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat