cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to USB to Windows 7 PC

Journeyman

Unable to USB to Windows 7 PC

Have a Nexus S update to ICS.

Can charge the phone via USB, but not able to connect to computer via USB to transfer files, etc.

No "Turn On USB" comes up on phone.

No notification on task bar that phone is connected.

Device manager on Win 7 does not recognize the phone.

I have looked at all the various solutions, and I have installed several Samsung software regarding this issue to no avail.

Would love to know how to solve this.

3 REPLIES 3
Journeyman

Re: Unable to USB to Windows 7 PC

are you using the usb cable that came with the phone? Or another, I had this issue a while back with my ns4g and it turned out I was using another devices USB cable. It would charge the phone but I guess it didn't have the right pins to transfer data between computer and phone.

Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my Nexus on my mac and windows XP , try going to System Settings > Developer options > Check USB debugging.

Plug in your phone and it should work. Worked fine on my mac and XP. The thing I noticed is that the transfering of files, in my case music, takes forever...

Journeyman

I would recommend you try one of the following options:

1. From the home screen select menu > settings > storage.  Then press the menu button and select USB computer connection.  Make sure that mass storage is checked. If it is but your computer still isn't reading it, try checking the MTP option instead.
  2. Download the USB Drivers as instructed on the official Android Developer website.  They were updated recently and I can confirm that following the instructions do enable your computer to read your Nexus S 4G.

Hope that helps!

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat