cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will Sprint and Samsung will fix the connection problem on Nexus S

Highlighted
Journeyman

When will Sprint and Samsung will fix the connection problem on Nexus S

It is well known that Nexus S 4 G has a connection problem.  Sprint and Samsung have admitted it, when are they going to fix the problem?

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Wizard

There actually isn't anything official about this. Samsung and we are however investigating the claims of a 4G connection problem but so far haven't been able to confirm an issue. Can you describe your 4G problem?

Highlighted
Journeyman

aaaaaand this is why I returned mine...

Highlighted
Journeyman

LOL I like the response from the rep, the connection problems are obvious, However mine are not that bad. I could agree that signal quality could be better, I almost get one bar of 4g no matter where the heck I am at while my friend gets all full bars on his evo, obviously there is a low signal problems with the phone.

What I wanna know is why the heck does it take so long to charge this damn phone. This has to be the slowest charging phone on planet earth, makes me wanna return the phone other than that I love it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I read the article I believe it was in Engadget about 1-2 weeks ago.  The conduct the tests in New York, Florida and San Franscico between Nexus S and Evo 4G.  The results were the Evo 4 G was almost 100% better.  The article also stated both Sprint and Samsung are looking for the solutions in this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I returned the NS4G today to go back to a Pre until a new awesome  phone comes out that can actually hold a signal.  The response from  Sprint, Google, and Samsung has been completely unacceptable.  Sprint's  responses to the PC World and Engadget articles make it seem like these  are isolated incidents that are not that high on their radar.  I'd  rather use my money on a phone that has adequate support.

Highlighted
Journeyman

the reps here are terrible. i was over at the evo 3d forum and asked which preinstalled stuff can be removed and the rep responded that none of it can... i had to show him sprint's own twitter post saying that preinstalled stuff could be deleted... makes me very hesitant to switch to sprint

Highlighted
Master

phoenix215476 wrote:

the reps here are terrible. i was over at the evo 3d forum and asked which preinstalled stuff can be removed and the rep responded that none of it can... i had to show him sprint's own twitter post saying that preinstalled stuff could be deleted... makes me very hesitant to switch to sprint

Considering the EVO 3D is the first phone released that supports this without having to void your warranty, it's not surprising at all that it will take some time for reps to get used to it. For years we have been saying it isn't possible, now that is going to be different, but it will take some time to get used to that rather than the answer we have ingrained over the years.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat