cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't my phone work? Also - never buy the protection plan

Journeyman

I'm in zip code 55441, but all over the Twin Cities the phone doesn't work 90% of the time.  No data, no calls, no nothing - it shows full bars, but can never connect.

Went to a store, spoke to a complete jerk, who after asking me to wait 45 minutes so he could hang out with his friends, told me that they are unable to do anything, and that for any sort of phone support you have to call some other company and pay a mandatory $100 to get a new phone, even if you have the protection plan.

Does anyone know a good way to get out of the Sprint contract?  It's only been 3 months, and the whole experience has been awful.  Any help would be super appreciated - thanks!

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Call Sprint and have them do this :

Have tech support change your NAI and then update your profile.

Journeyman

I can't call sprint if the phone doesn't work - 100% awesome.  At the store, when I told the rep there this, he's like "oh, you can use one of our display phones" - so while people are shopping 2 feet away, I'm giving all my personal info to some lady who is asking for all my credit card information.

Journeyman

Do you really not have any friends with a phone?

Also it looks like you did not do as I suggested.

Journeyman

No, I really don't have any friends with a phone that are available to have me drive over at 10pm so I can sit in their house after wasting 1.5 hours at a sprint store only to find out they are worthless at providing any help.

Are you really saying that the problem here isn't that I don't have access to a second phone at night to call Sprint?  Not that the customer service is comparable to slamming your face into the ground covered with broken glass?

Journeyman

Omega's advice should help fix your issue.

Obviously you would have waited until morning to borrow someone's phone. Or perhaps a land line, or a parent's phone if it was too late to use a friend's.

It would also be more helpful if you listed any steps you have taken to remedy the issue yourself (i.e. a battery pull, factory reset, etc.).

But I assume it has been corrected since last month.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat