cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

google.process.gapps has stopped

Highlighted
Journeyman

google.process.gapps has stopped

Have had my Nexus S for about a year. I have downloaded the latest firmware and software versions. Suddenly (have not installed anything new), I am getting errors (google.process.gapps has stopped, etc.) or freezes every couple of hours. I have uninstalled all add-on applications, did not help.

I reset the phone to factory default, did not help.

I reset the phone and cleared SD card, did not help.

I have cleared caches, no help.

I heard it may be market or calendar data, so cleared those data, no help.

Anyone have any ideas what more I can do to troubleshoot this phone?

Thanks!

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Master

Re: google.process.gapps has stopped

Sorry for the inconvenience. I would suggest you to try these steps.It is a memory issue with any sync capable Google application and particular to Google Calendar app. Any interruption in the sync causes a corruption or critical errors that the auto-sync tries to rectify but has no built in support to fix the error.Solution: Go to Menu> Settings> Applications> All Applications> Open Calendar, Calendar Sync and Calendar Storage one by one and select clear data. This might erase the calendar entries and you will have to sync the calendar again.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

I already tried that, it didn't help. Also went through and cleared data from all apps.

I also went in and stopped the sync process in calendar and email, but the errors still come up every 1-2 hours.

Journeyman

My problems started the same way after updating. You will get these errors more and more everyday until the phone no longer works, and get ready to pay $34 + tax at the Sprint store to get it repaired even if it's still under warranty.

Highlighted
Journeyman

After all the problems I had with the Samsung Moment, and now this, if what you are saying is true I'm never buying another Samsung.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It just happened, my Nexus S is now freezing on the start screen. I'm done with Samsung phones.

Does anyone know how to do a hard reset for the Nexus S 4g?

Highlighted
Journeyman

my wife's phone started acting up like this the other week. I initially did the factor reset within settings. Everything seemed fine that night. next day, numerous messages popping up that phone app has stopped, google process has stopped/etc. So i called sprint & they had me do the #*..... reset using the MSL number. Turn the phone on today, nothing but the bottom 4 buttons light up so i pulled the battery. THen my wife said the stopped message kept popping up. I did some googling of the issue and this seems to be happening a lot with other Nexus S users. seems like an ICS issue? Very annoying. I might try taking her phone back to gingerbread.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat