cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia Lumia 635 Windows 10 Upgrade

Journeyman

Nokia Lumia 635 Windows 10 Upgrade

Windows listed the Lumia 635 as an eligible device to receive the Dec. 14th upgrade to Windows 10.

Is there a specif date we can expect to receive this upgrade?

9 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Nokia Lumia 635 Windows 10 Upgrade

Any word on this yet?

Journeyman

bump^

Journeyman

I did the Windows Insider Preview for Win10Mobile for several months, after upgrading my computers to Win10. I Liked the Win10 IoT experience across my devices. Initially I had a pretty good experience with the phone, with some clunky parts. As time passed I was crashing apps like mad, getting worse after subsequent updates. A new Insider Preview update is due this week, supposedly overcoming a lot of issues.

Finally, though, I reverted to 8.1. Today I read that there is new movement in Win10Mobile RTM, so I checked around.

Windows Store has an App testing phones for Win10 Upgrade. My Sprint Lumia 635 (w/128GB micro card) is 'not eligible' per the App. I believe the 1GB main storage notation I see with many references to 635's may be the issue. I may ditch all the Apps on my phone main storage to double check.

So, if you want to check out Win10Mo on a 635, join Windows Insider. I may go back to that, but I needed the full phone functionality of 8.1 for a time due to business needs. You can always go back to 8.1 with a MS App that manages the downgrade.

the 635's a pretty crappy phone anyway. It was an insurance replacement for my beloved, unavailable HTC 8XT.

I'm thinking next phone, it's time for the Lumia 950XL with the dock for KBM and monitor.

Journeyman

unfortunately we will have to change providers to see the better lumia's

I've been with sprint 10 years and Nextel for 12 before that

GrandMaster

it'll have to be to a GSM carrier. they are no longer making any variants for the CDMA side.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

To all Sprint windows phone users. Please sign and share this petition: [inappropriate link removed]

Message was edited by: TheModerator

This is a public forum. Please remember that all messages must abide by the Community Guidelines. For your reference, here are the Community Guidelines: 

https://community.sprint.com/baw/community/sprintblogs/blog/2016/02/01/sprintcom-community-terms-con...

Thanks for your participation in the forums!

Journeyman

Except the 950 is not available for Sprint whatsoever due to cell radio not being compatible with a cdma network. Biggest reason I'm probably leaving Sprint after about 6yrs. They made me pay $100 deductible for this piece of **bleep** lousy phone to replace my 8XT also.. Worst mistake. Should've just left then..
Highlighted
Sprint Social Care

Good Morning LunchboxBaby! That's definitely not the kind of feedbacks we like to read. We don't want to lose you as a customer. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social are

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

How come I do not get the nice email like Lunchboxbaby for my distress over the Nokia 635? The Sprint 635 is the only 635 unable to upgrade to Windows 10 and I was also stuck with it when the replacement substituted it for my 8XT. And I know that the 950 is not set with CDMA radios and no manufacturer is offering anything with Windows 10 and CDMA radios. The 635 is the gaping hole in my digital life.

I used an LG Android for as short a time as possible last year and do not want to join the Apple universe.

Community News

Having trouble posting or viewing your Private Messages? We made an update to the Community registration process which requires you to validate your email, click here to read more about it.