cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador ; Podcast on your Windows Phone

Journeyman

For me the most important feature of any phone will be if I can listen to my podcasts, while most people consume music I consume podcasts.

On a given week, I listen to about 10 podcasts and some shows produce 10 hours worth of content.

When I got the Lumia, finding an avenue to be able to listen to podcast was my first task.

Here are  the steps taken from http://http//www.windowsphone.com/en-us/how-to/wp7/music/subscribe-to-podcasts

Subscribe to podcasts

To subscribe to a podcast from your phone

• 1.  On Start, tap Marketplace , and then tap Podcasts. (If you don't see this option, podcasts probably aren't available in Marketplace in your region.)
  • 2.  To find a podcast to subscribe to, do one of the following: 
    • Flick left or right to browse through different categories.
    • Tap Search , type the name of the podcast you're looking for, and then tap Enter .
  • 3.  Tap a podcast, flick left or right to learn more about it, and then tap Subscribe.
  • 4.  Change the download settings for the series if you'd like (you can change these later), and then tap Confirm.

• To play or delete a podcast episode
  • 1.  On Start, tap Music+Videos , flick to Zune, and then tap Podcasts.
  • 2.  Do one of the following:
    • To play the most recent episode in a series, tap the image with the Play  icon over it.
    • To choose an episode to play, tap the name of the series (to the right of the image), tap the name of the episode, and then tap Play
    • To delete a podcast series or episode, tap and hold it, and then tap Delete.

To change download settings for a podcast series

When you subscribe to a podcast series, new episodes will automatically download while your phone is plugged in and charging. By default, episodes will only download over a Wi-Fi network. You can change this setting so that new episodes will download over your wireless network when Wi-Fi isn't available, but note that this will use your data plan and may incur charges. 

• Do one of the following
    • Tap the name of the podcast (to the right of the image), and then tap Series settings.
    • Tap Settings to go to the Music+videos Settings screen, and then clear the check box next to Only download new podcast episodes over Wi-Fi.

To unsubscribe to a podcast

• 2.  Tap the name of the podcast (to the right of the image), and then tap Unsubscribe.
  • 3.  If you'd like to delete the episodes that have been downloaded to your phone, tap theDelete all episodes check box.
  • 4.  Tap Yes. 

To subscribe to a podcast from your PC

• In the Zune software on your PC, click Marketplace, and then click Podcasts.
  • Do one of the following:  ◦To browse podcasts, in the left pane, click a category.
  • To search for podcasts, click in the search box, and then type the name of the podcast you're looking for.
  • Click a podcast, and then click Subscribe.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee)