cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Finding and Securing the Nokia Lumia 635 via Windowsphone.com

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Finding and Securing the Nokia Lumia 635 via Windowsphone.com

One of the cool features that a Windows Phone offers is being able to manage the location and security of your device right from an external portal.  Now for me this is often a great tool, especially when I misplace my phone somewhere or, at the very least need to be able to stop panicking during the short duration when my phone is lost.  If you haven’t registered already, make sure to first setup your portal at windowsphone.com.  There you’ll find many other cool features that to manage but the one I like best (and will focus on for this blog) is the section titled “Find My Phone”.  Pretty bold and self-explanatory as headings go but there are not one but four useful tools available right from this portal.  First off the splash screen, shows you a visual map where you can switch between a GPS style view and Satellite picture.  I find it gives you a fairly accurate search radius (at least a good ball park idea where the phone currently resides).  Always make sure to check the time stamp and use the refresh tool for the most accurate location.  Once you are in the vicinity, there is also an audible tone you can initiate by clicking “Ring” (hopefully leading your ear to the location of your phone).  Not just a simple call initiation, it doesn’t just dial your phone, ring a few times, and then jump to voicemail.  It actually sends a unique constant tone, which is super helpful when it takes a bit longer than a couple seconds to locate.  Also helpful you can remotely “lock” the device (to prevent unauthorized use) and as a last resort “Erase” which will completely erase your personal data and set it back to factory default.  An important note is once back to a factory default, no further management will be available from windowsphone.com.  Fairly small price to pay to ensure your data stays safe and another great way, windows phone takes security to the next level. 

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.