cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: How Does Windows Stack Up?

sprintlumia635full.jpg

I used the Lumia 635 for over a month without switching back and forth to Android to try and find out the pros and cons of the Windows Phone operating system. It was a lot of fun to try it out because it is so different from other platforms and really tries to keep its own identity. Developers have gotten behind Windows and have made most of the top apps available for use so it can now really compete with Android and iOS. The operating system really has improved from the first time I tried Windows phone on the HTC 8XT. Here are some of my impressions so far:

Windows is really smooth. There is no lag when going from apps to different screens. It’s amazing how they can pull this off without top of the line specs. They do have a more muted UI, but all in all it’s great not to have to slow down when switching between applications.

The Lumia is a bright phone in a great way. I have had more people stop and ask me what phone I have than ever before. It is especially popular with teens and kids who love the vibrant blue. You can also switch it out for other shells whenever you like.

Mid-Range specs don’t mean mid-range performance. As stated earlier, this phone is quick. It can play pretty much any game you can download on it.

The biggest negative I have about this phone is the screen. The phone never claimed to have a great screen and it is a very low priced device, but the screen resolution is very noticeable compared to other phones. This is not a deal breaker by any means because the price is right to buy. If you have not tried out Windows phone in a while I highly suggest you give it some consideration. This phone is a perfect price for a phone that won’t disappoint.

“The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.”