Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Lumia 635 - Using Lumia Selfie

Sprint Product Ambassador

The wonderful Lumia 635 is a snappy device at an affordable price. One of the things that helped keep the cost down was the omittance of a front-facing camera.

The Lumia 635 comes with a rear-facing camera with the following features and specs:

• 5.0 MP
  • Auto focus
  • digital zoom: 4 x
  • Sensor size: 1/4 inch
  • f-number/aperture: f/2.4
  • focal length: 28 mm
  • features: auto and manual exposure, auto and manual white balance, automatic photo upload to web services, full resolution photo and video upload, full screen viewfinder, geotagging, landscape orientation, touch focus
  • minimum focus range: 10 cm
  • video resolution: 720p (HD, 1280 x 720)
  • video frame rate: 30 fps
  • video zoom: 4 x
  • video recording features: video zoom, continuous autofocus
  • video recording formats: MP4/H.264

Personally, only having a rear-facing camera is not an issue for me, as I rarely take selfies. However, for the majority of people that like to take selfies, this might a concern.  Fortunately, there is a solution available... the Lumia Selfie app.

lumiaSelfieIcon.png

Lumia Selfie is the perfect app for taking selfies. The app is packaged with an “Auto Selfie” feature that assists you with taking a picture with the rear-facing camera. The Lumia 635 phone will beep to help you get the camera positioned properly, and then automatically take your picture. You are able to edit the photo and apply high quality effects as well. I tried this myself, and it works quite well.

So, don’t let the lacking of a front-facing camera be a deterrent, as there is a viable workaround. Enjoy the price break instead!

The Lumia 635 is available for purchase at Sprint.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.    

2 Comments