cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nokia Lumia 635 Driving and Quiet Mode

Journeyman

Nokia Lumia 635

I’d like to introduce two new features that this Nokia Lumia phone has included in this great device. These features are ones that I use daily and I find extremely useful.

Driving Mode:

I love this feature simply because it makes me a safer driver. My wife recently gave birth to our third child, and I have to continue to make sure that I’m being as safe as I can with them in the car. And a smartphone can come with all kinds of major distractions like email, texts, social updates, check-ins, app updates and more. Each one with their own notification sound, or vibrating pattern. Of course you can just put your phone on silent when you get in the car, but as I mentioned above, with three kids under three, I’m likely not thinking about silencing my phone. The Nokia Lumia has a feature called Driving Mode where you can mute all your notifications except calls when you are connected to your car’s Bluetooth radio. So each time you start your car, and your phone connects, you’ll be able to concentrate on driving safely. There are far too many tragic stories of people getting into wrecks b/c of checking their social media or texting while driving. I love that the Widows phone makers included this in their software to make their customers safer and more responsible drivers.

Quiet hours:

In a similar fashion, the Lumia phone has a setting called Quiet hours. You can set up a time for Cortana to turn on your quiet hours which will mute your notifications for that period of time. Cortana will handle your texts and calls, and you can also set up special people that can “break through” the quiet hour lockdown. For example: I set up between 11pm and 6am as my quiet hour range. But I also set my wife and parents as contacts that can break through just in case there is an emergency. But Cortana also mutes all other notifications so as not to wake me, my wife, and my newborn up at every game notification trying to lure me back to their addictive grasp. Or, you know, an email.

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Nokia Lumia 635

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.