Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nokia Lumia 635 Final Thoughts

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nokia Lumia 635 Final Thoughts

With the Lumia 635 being my first Windows Phone, I wasn't really sure what to expect.  I honestly just recently warmed up to my Windows 8.1 tablet and because of that positive experience, it really made me eager to explore Windows Phone and all it had to offer.  Well, I've now been here there and everywhere (with this cool little device).  In closing, this blog is just a little summary and final thoughts regarding the Nokia Lumia 635.

My first glance finds things fairly functional with Windows Phone.  Speed is never an issue (always fast and responsive).  The hardware is well built and pretty stylin' in terms of weight, form factor and overall appearance.  Having the ability to remotely manage the device via windowsphone.com, as well as having access to your family's devices (on the portal) is a very nice perk.  Pocket office with one drive makes it easy keeping documents synced and current.  Cortana is pure magic and a well valued friend.  Having hands free texting (while driving) and Cortana voice commands undoubtedly is a reason for anyone to seriously consider the Windows platform.

With all the perks however, the real limitation (to a windows phone) is 3rd party support.  There are many essential apps already ported over but many more haven't received the attention they deserve.  Double check to ensure that prized app is currently available, or you might be left in the cold waiting for a future enhancement. Although some features can be alternately accessed from the Internet Explorer App, lack of flash support often closes doors, isolating users from features they might rely on.  I have no doubt these problems will thin out drastically as Windows Phone matures, but right now losing access to Dropcam, NEST, Amazon Media and several other necessities make Windows Phone a hard platform for me to migrate to (at least for now).

For users that already embraced the Windows Phone however, the Lumia 635 is a very attractive price point and straight path to Windows 10 (which this phone will support).  Undoubtedly Windows 10 is a big part of what makes this a hot little toy exciting for users eagerly waiting for a Windows 10 launch.

I'd say Windows Fanboys rejoice!

Windows newbies, make sure you're the right fit for the platform (as it stands).

Everyone should keep a close eye on Windows Phone, as there certainly is exciting innovation going on. I haven't written anything off but I really would love 3rd parties opening up support for all Platforms.

-Rob Ignatowicz

Sprint Product Ambassador

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.