cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Nokia Lumia Features

Journeyman

Obviously one of the best reasons to pick up the Nokia Lumia 635 is the price tag. $168 is the OFF CONTRACT price at Sprint! You can’t beat that. But there are a host of other reasons to pick up Sprint’s first Windows 8 device. Here are some of my favorite features so far:

1. Battery Life.

Frankly, this phone’s battery life is one of the best I've ever used. What’s even more impressive is the size of the battery. 1830mAh isn't very big. Not compared to some of the other 4.5-5.5in devices on the market today. But I would put actual use time up against any other device in that range, and fully expect it to hold it’s own weight. My last usage test was about 4 hours of constant downloading apps, restarting, resetting, videos, taking pictures, surfing, and more. The battery went from 92% to 69%. By that measure, (holding everything else constant) that would be more than 16 hours of very heavy use.

2. Cortana.

Even if you’ve used other personal assistant apps like Google Now, or Siri, I think you would appreciate what Microsoft has done with Cortana. Quick facts and web searches are a snap. If you ask her to tell you a joke, she’ll make an attempt. My favorite part of using Cortana is the location and contact based reminders. You can ask Cortana to remind you to take out the garbage when you get home. As long as you've told Cortana where you live, a reminder will pop up as requested upon your arrival. Or you can ask her to remind you to ask “Mark” about the party the next time you talk to him. If you go to call or text or email Mark, a reminder will pop up automatically. Or, even if Mark calls you, the reminder will still be launched. Cortana even learns as you use her by storing bits of information in her “notebook.” You can, of course view her notebook anytime. It won’t divulge any elusive secrets about yourself, except maybe your addiction to “Chinese food nearby.”

Thanks for reading, for more information you can go to Nokia Lumia 635

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.