cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Super EASY Selfies

Sprint Product Ambassador

OK, I must admit – I was skeptical when I learned my new Nokia 635 Sprint Windows Phone 8.1 did not have a front facing camera.   My initial feelings stemmed from the fact that most of the smartphones I have owned and used have had a front-facing camera.  Upon quickly organizing my thoughts, I realized that I, personally, have really only used the front-facing camera for selfies.  After all, I’m not really into video conferencing.

Enter the Lumia Selfie App built into my Nokia 635.  Using the 5 MP camera, a user is able to take a quick and seamless selfie with very little effort.  Moreover, pinning the selfie app as a Tile to your home screen will help you will avoid the fumbling tasks of opening your camera, and changing the mode to front-facing which is common on many other smartphones.  Finally, you will experience the freedom from needing to contort your fingers, hand, and / or arm to push the camera button to take the picture. The Lumia Selfie will begin beeping when it detects faces, and will beep faster as the faces are more aligned to the center of the screen.    Upon optimum alignment, the shutter clicks, and you have a quick and easy selfie (5 MP!) saved to your photos.

Give it a try, its easy:

wp_ss_20150130_0002.png

1)  Pin the Lumia Selfie to your home page:  Drag your screen to the right, find Lumia Selfie, tap and hold on it, then choose “pin to start”

wp_ss_20150130_0001.png

2)      2)  From your home page, tap on “Lumia Selfie”

3)      Position the phone with the rear-facing camera towards you.

4)      Listen for the beeps, and the phone will do the rest!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.