cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Three Reasons You Should Buy The Nokia Lumia 635

Journeyman

Blog 2 Lumia635.jpg

The smartphone game is extremely competitive these days.  Competition is good but it could also be confusing for consumers.  What’s more important?  Size?  Screen quality?  Camera quality?  Battery life?  Cost?  We have more options available to us than ever before.  The Lumia 635 isn’t a very highly marketed device but that doesn’t mean it’s not worth your time and money.  Here are some reasons you want to give it some consideration.

Great Price Tag

Right now you can pick up the Lumia 635 for a mere… $7 per month via Sprint’s 24 month Easy Pay!  That’s a pretty good bargain.  If you’d rather go with the 2 year contract then it’s FREE!  If you’re not really into contracts then you can walk away with this device for $168.

Windows Phone 8.1 Is Efficient

Spec envy is a really big these days.  We’ve been conditioned to look for numbers on a spec sheet to compare and contrast our potential purchase decisions.  The Lumia 635 has a 1.2 GHz Quad-Core processor, 512 MB of RAM and 8 GB of internal storage (although it does support up to a 128 GB micro SD card).  Those are not exactly jaw jopping attributes.  Where this device shines however, is its operating system.  Windows Phone 8.1 runs extremely well on this device.  Apps run smoothly and transitions are pretty crisp.  Microsoft has done some very nice things with Windows Phone.

Battery Life

The Lumia 635 has an 1830 mAh Lithium Ion Battery.  Again, that’s not exactly an impressive number on the spec sheet.  I’ve used this device for a couple of weeks now and can say that I’ve yet to have an issue making it through the day on a single charge.  On average, I’m down to about 20-25% battery life at around 10 pm.   The standby battery life is amazing!  On my light usage days, this thing can easily last 2 days on a single charge.

The Lumia 635 will never be forced on you via a heavily funded marketing campaign however it’s day to day performance, battery life and amazing price makes this one of the best values on the market.  It’s definitely worth the look if you’re in the market for a cost effective device.

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee