cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Windows 10 Preview on the Lumia 635

Patron

I was kind of shocked as I was reading about Windows 10 Preview that the Nokia Lumia 635 was one of the devices that was going to support it, so I thought what the heck let’s check this thing out.  Getting started was relatively easy, but definitely had me double check my sense of adventure as I signed up/installed the Windows Insider app.  One thing that was evident (as well as clearly stated pre-download of the software) and for those that have not ventured into beta/test software on your device is that this is not a finished product, there could be issues & bugs which could include “bricking” your phone.

wp_ss_20150308_0001.jpgwp_ss_20150308_0002.jpgwp_ss_20150308_0003.jpg

Once you get through the scary messages (all be it true possibilities) then it was on to the fun.  It took (2) times for me to click & download to get my 635 to become updated with Windows 10 Preview. At first glance here are the items that I noticed different in the Windows 10 preview:

• "Enhanced" notification bar - I like that when messages come in that it pops up on the top of the screen and gives you an extended read without opening the message in full simply by swiping down under the message.
  • New Live Tile size and customization.  For Cortana lovers you will get the ability to make the Live Tile EXTRA big.  If you are a 3 tile per row person you will also get some options to do a double tile or even make more tiny tiles.
  • Setting Menu - coming from an Android device I was pleasantly surprised to see the change.  It is much more fluid and I found it more user friendly as well. 

wp_ss_20150308_0004.jpg

From what I discovered early from the Windows 10 Preview I am happy to see where Microsoft is taking the OS and even better that they are now seeming to pull the eco-system together.  For Windows Phone fans this could be a turning point finally for Microsoft and if Nokia/Microsoft can build quality devices from entry level, like the Lumia 635, up to more iconic devices then we could see some small steps for market share in Windows Phone.

YOUR SPRINT PRODUCT AMBASSADORS

The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love phones. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and want to tell you what they think about them. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these phones. The information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint.