BlogArticlePage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Windows Fitness Apps

endomondo4.png

Fitness apps on phones are the most important thing for me, so when I was selected to test out the Lumia 635 I was eager to see if they had the apps that I use on other platforms. When you go into the health and fitness section in the app store, the top three free apps are Stopwatch Timer, Microsoft Health, and Fitbit. Microsoft Health is only usable if you have a Microsoft wearable accessory. I do use Fitbit to track my steps and workouts so I downloaded it and started using it right away.

The Fitbit app on Windows is very minimalistic, which is how I would describe Windows phone overall. Everything works great and is quick but there is not a lot of design or extra features to make it stand out. The Fitbit Charge synced with the phone right away and it has never crashed on me. Overall it works great and does the job it is designed to do.

I was also able to find MyFitnessPal which I use to track calories and exercise. This app also worked great but seemed a little outdated from the current Android version. As far as tracking food, you can search for any item and scan barcodes for easy access. For some reason I was not as eager to use MyFitnessPal on Windows. I went back to my Android phone and started to use it instead and it syncs to all platforms.

Endomondo was the best of the three apps that I used for fitness on the Lumia. It looks and run the same as its Android counterpart and the GPS stayed stable the entire time. If you need a workout tracker on Windows Phone I highly suggest Endomondo. It has awesome features and looks good on any platform.

I was really glad to see a lot of the top Android fitness apps on the Lumia. Windows seems to be a step back in the design area on a lot of the apps but it trades that off for stability and function. Everything just works on a Windows phone and I have not experienced any crashes. The GPS is just as good as any other phone I have used and overall I was happy with the fitness experience I have had with the Lumia 635.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.