Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE Plus Support and Sprint Coverage Map

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Plus Support and Sprint Coverage Map

Greetings, 

It appears that Sprint's new tri-band LTE Plus is available in my area, 95628 area code. So, I'm considering making an investment in cellular modem as a backup Internet connection and as a means for my security ,which include my camera's, system to use in wired connection die. Now all that said, I'm looking at Sprint options for data only devices which support LTE PLUS and I'm going list them and I'm going to divide them into two categories (1)  per Sprint's website which include Sprint press release(s) & this forum (2) Best Guess based on specifications: 

Category 1

• MiFi® 500 LTE by Novatel Wireless™, international-capable
  • NETGEAR® Zing Mobile Hotspot™ 
  • NETGEAR® 341U USB Modem.

Category 2

• Netgear Fuse Mobile Hotspot
  • Pocket Wi-Fi ( I believe is  ZTE device)
  • Netgear LTE Gateway 6100D

Now to my question, when using Sprint's coverage map tool (https://coverage.sprint.com) you get odd results. Allow me to explain: 

Now let's select look at devices that are LTE Plus capable data only that I'm interesting in: 

So now my question:

1. Is the only data device that supports LTE Plus the Pocket Wi-Fi?
  2. Or is the Sprint Coverage map accurate?
  3. Or does Sprint limit the support of LTE Plus on certain devices?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 REPLY
GrandMaster

Re: LTE Plus Support and Sprint Coverage Map

you are currently posting in an area that agents do not come into..this is for sure a agent type question . you would be better off posting in the Network and Coverage forum. i can see if one of the Mods can move this thread over there if you would like.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @A11ey, and we'll check it out!