cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4g horrible in Salt Lake City now

Highlighted
Journeyman

4g horrible in Salt Lake City now

I used to have down speeds between 4-6 mbps now I'm pushing 200 kbps. Its been like this for a week now. I've called Sprint and haven't seen any correction. I still have full 4G bars, this issue is happening to my Evo and my spouses Evo across the 4G map in Salt Lake City. My Co-Workers Epic is having the same issues. This is making 4G slower then 3G. Is anyone else expereincing this and have they contacted Sprint to make this a big issue?

Speedtest.net Results

4G full bars

159 down 75 up

156 down 71 up

3G full bars

917 down 781 up

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 4g horrible in Salt Lake City now

Same issue. Speed tests posted here: http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/229750#229750  I called Sprint the other day and was told they had an existing ticket with a scheduled fix. The date for the fix has come and gone but the issue remains.   Please Sprint, get this taken care of.

Highlighted
Journeyman

For what it's worth, I'm visiting SLC for the Thanksgiving weekend, and I'm experiencing exactly the same thing on my Evo.  It doesn't matter where we go in town, the download speed on 4G is slower than it is on 3G, though the upload speed is fine and typical of what I see in San Jose (around 1Mbps).

When I get full signal strength in San Jose, I typically get more like 6-10Mbps down, but in SLC it's typically about 160kbps.

Journeyman

Yep, same here.  For the last 6-7 weeks 4G has been so slower than 3g.  I use to get 3-4.5mbps, now i get 100-300kbps!  Often it crawls at 1-10 kbps.  Its here or miss to get up to 1-2.5 mbps but its unreliable.  So I can really only use 3g which is 300-600 kbps and on ocassion 1mpbs.  I see others in Dallas having the same problems but with 3g as well.  C'mon Sprint, get it fixed quick or lose out...If Clearwire can't keep up, get something else... or we might get something else.  Where is my $10 fee going?  I don't get premium data, so i shouldn't pay the extra fee.  Hope you are listening/reading Sprint. 

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.