cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Firmware Update: Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot

Journeyman

Firmware Update: Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot

On Thursday evening, January 28th, Sierra Wireless is releasing its first software update for the Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot.

Catch all the details in the Moble Broadband Forum by following this link. http://community.sprint.com/baw/message/147168

10 REPLIES 10
Journeyman

Re: Firmware Update: Overdrive 3G/4G Mobile Hotspot

I updated my Overdrive firmware.  Now, after charging the Overdrive overnight, when I try to turn it on, it does not respond.  I have to remove and replace the battery before it can be turned-on.  Has anyone else had this issue?

Journeyman

My overdrive wont turn off. i press the button and when i came back the battery was dead it just say powering off till it dies.(gotta take the battery out)

Journeyman

Yes, my Overdrive does the same thing sometimes.  As above, I have to remove and replace the battery.  I am hoping they will release a patch for the firmware that addresses these issues.  I haven't really noticed any performance improvement since doing the firmware update that was released.

Journeyman

i have the same issue too.  this is such a nice device when it's turned on - but turning this thing on and keeping it charged doesn't seem so straight forward :/

i had the device fully charged overnight.  i couldn't turn it on the next afternoon.  after i removed the battery and putting it back, there was only 30% of the charge left. :/

Journeyman

The low battery after charging seems to happen to mine also.  I noticed yesterday after charging all night, having to remove and replace the battery to get the Overdrive to turn-on, the battery was at 33%.

Journeyman

not only that... my battery get used up all the way when tethered via USB and/or simply plugged into the socket!  I thought it was suppose to charge while in use when there is power source. :/

Journeyman

how can i tethered my overdrive with my desk top.

Journeyman

I installed both the 28 Jan and 24 Feb updates.  After the first update the Overdrive would not power-up after charging without removing and replacing the battery and the battery did not completly charge.  The second update fixed those problems, but now many times it will not shut-down after use and I have to remove and replace the battery.  I have not seen any performance increases and, in fact, notice that even when it finds a 4G network and I have a Good Signal, it just contues to say "Connecting".  It seems to have a hard time connecting until it finally goes back to 3G.

Journeyman

It's June 1. I just got my overdrive two weeks ago. I'm having the exact problem with powering up and down and with charging. I've been chargin it for 20 minutes and it's still says zero. Eventually it'll say fully charged and then I can turn it on. During whatever I'm doing it'll just turn itself off again. I've tried all combinations, plugged in with battery in, plugged with no battery, just battery not plugged in, tethered to my desktop and laptop with and without battery. It just won't stay on all the time, then charging is horrible. I will say that when it is working (and I have a good signal) it works great.

Journeyman

I had the same issue several times.  Usually I caught it and took the battery out - no problem.

But a couple days ago I missed it and the thing drained down to nothing.  Now I can't get it to take a charge or turn on at all.  Has this ever happened to anyone?  I have it plugged into the charger but it's dead as a rock!

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.