Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this the 4G speed we were promised?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is this the 4G speed we were promised?

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

That is not the Clearwire 4G network or you need to reset your 4G modem.

Turn off for 10 seconds, turn it back on.

Wait 2 minutes with nothing connected to it. Keep it at least 4 feet from your router.

Than connect it to your router, wait 2 more minutes without connecting anything else.

Then connect anything you want.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Router!  This is Sprint 4G (at $60/mo) with U300.

Highlighted
Master

markew1 wrote:

Router!  This is Sprint 4G (at $60/mo) with U300.

The I believe the next question would be... are you using the 4G connection or the 3G connection? If it does not say "Switch to 3G" near the CONNECT button then you currently don't have the 4G chip enabled.

Then of course there's always... do you have the latest version of the software? The current version for the U300 should be SmartView 2.28.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The I believe the next question would be... are you using the 4G connection or the 3G connection? If it does not say "Switch to 3G" near the CONNECT button then you currently don't have the 4G chip enabled.

Then of course there's always... do you have the latest version of the software? The current version for the U300 should be SmartView 2.28.

I'm not color blind.

Of course I'm using the latest version.

The 4G speeds posted were recorded using http://sprint.com/speedtest

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm in the Seattle market and the speeds definately can be highly variable. I've notice there are some areas where some speed test sites have reported 8Mbps, and others where I get 600kbps.

However, I've also found the speed test sites to have vastly different results just being in one location. I've found that in the exact same location running a speed test from one site (Speedtest.net) reports one speed and another speed test site (Speakeasy's Speedtest) reports a drastically different speed. In some cases it almost appears to be the way the traffic is routed. For example SpeedTest.net sometimes says the closest SpeedTest site is the Witchita, KS site (Even though I'm in Seattle), and I get the highest speed test results from that site. Even when it recommends the LA site, my speed test results from that are almost half of what I get from the Witchita site. It's really odd to say the least.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm using Sprint's speed test as the benchmark.  I have never achieved sustained download speeds approaching the 3 to 6 Mbs quoted in Sprint's advertising.  Plus, I've had more than my share of dropped connections.

Message was edited by: markew1

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.