cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Reviews Are In - Sprint Samsung 4G Epic is Truly EPIC!

Sprint Product Ambassador

The Reviews Are In - Sprint Samsung 4G Epic is Truly EPIC!

Check out the overwhelmingly positive review from Engadget on the new Sprint Samsung 4G Epic. They have a great review along with video overview of the device, un-boxing, and sample camera/video shots. The Engadget review is fairly in-depth and unbiased. They along with the industry agree that Samsung has hit a home run with the Galaxy S line of devices, and hit it out of the park with the Sprint 4G Epic!

Notable features of the Sprint Samsung 4G Epic:

• Full slide-out QWERTY keyboard + Android soft keyboard AND Swype soft text input!
  • LED camera flash.
  • Dual cameras - front facing camera for video chat and self portrait.
  • 4G and 3G data speeds on the NOW Network!
  • Samsung Social Hub - giving you status updates with your Facebook, MySpace and Twitter.

Check out these other killer features of the Sprint Samsung 4G Epic:

• Bluetooth 3.0, a first in the US!
  • Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n
  • DLNA for streaming HD video to your HD TV wirelessly
  • Six-axis motion sensor, enabling advanced motion-based gaming
  • HD video can be captured and displayed smoothly
  • Mobile HotSpot supports up to 5 simultaneous connections
  • Dedicated camera button

Only Sprint can offer you the best rates on unlimited talking, unlimited texting, unlimited emailing, unlimited GPS navigation, unlimited browsing, unlimited picture messaging, unlimited video messaging, unlimited NFL Mobile, unlimited NASCAR Sprint Cup Mobile, unlimited Sprint TV Premier, unlimited Sprint Music Premier access and 150 radio stations and channels for your mobile entertainment!

Some of the notable quotes from the Engadget review:

"The Epic hangs on to a couple of the Galaxy line's most important  characteristics -- namely the 1GHz Hummingbird processor and the 4-inch Super  AMOLED display -- but adds in a sliding landscape QWERTY keyboard, support for  the wickedly fast 4G network..."

"[what] making things even more interesting is the fact that Sprint's first WiMAX  handset -- HTC's EVO 4G -- is simply one of the best phones we've ever  reviewed"

"Sprint got it right where AT&T and T-Mobile frankly got it wrong."

"The Epic's slide mechanism is a fairly heavy, smooth spring-mounted  arrangement that feels solid with no wobble..."

"What surprised us the first time we picked up the Epic was how light it felt  -- 15 grams less than the EVO, to be exact."

"...[the 4G Epic] never stopped feeling "WiFi fast" both in terms of speed and latency,  and that's exactly what you need to make a fantastic mobile hotspot..."

"[4G Epic camera] shots looked clean and sharp with minimum artifacting at 100  percent zoom..."

"...the Epic 4G is a great device. Killer, even."

Sprint is taking pre-order sign ups NOW. Don't wait, get signed up for your Sprint Samsung 4G Epic today!!

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
6 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: The Reviews Are In - Sprint Samsung 4G Epic is Truly EPIC!

Samsung phones never last long enough for you to enjoy them...

Sprint Product Ambassador

I've had Sammy phones in the past and currently own the Sammy Moment. So far it's been a great device with no issues. I'm sorry you've had poor luck with your devices.

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's not "poor luck" when it is 3-4 different devices from Samsung in one year. My other line had a Samsung and had the same problems. Maybe you just got lucky with your device. I wouldn't recommend their products.

Journeyman

it's probably going to be forgotten about just like the instinct... got the instinct after seeing it and hearing about all the potential and what plans were in store for it.... and i've counted the days till i got an upgrade so i can finally burn this p.o.s. phone... i've lost a ton of pictures, videos and info due to it's poor design and programming...

there was a promised app store and they even held a contest for app designers.... than it was forgotten about.... so i dumped all this money into this phone.. and was ignored when asking questions about it...

i think samsung and sprint needs to really back a phone like this... again it has a lot of potential but will they just ignore it? they also are planning a media store or something also for this phone.... will they just dump that too?

i think i may just get the htc evo it's $49.99 less and htc has produced some great phones over the years... the instinct has left a sour taste in my mouth....

Journeyman

I'm sorry to hear your issues with Samsung devices RP2019. Personally I have used samsung devices with multiple carriers, and the epic will be my first android device. So far I have had no issues with samsung devices, the only reason i May have gone through as many devices as you is I am prone to losing phones...

Journeyman

The phone may be epic, but its a shame the Sprint 4G network that it runs on SUCKS! Complete with next to no coverage!

Message was edited by: ripperjack

Community News

This is a PUBLIC ARCHIVE board, all artciles are read only.

Please click here to search the Active Community.